haibike 2018 SDURO HardSeven 1.0 problem

glock182

Just Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Hi People

Would really be glad if someone could help or just point me in the right direction. Only brought this bike 6 months ago from new and today riding home from work its gone from 40% to 0%(flashing) battery capacity so after riding the rest of the way with no lecky and thinking i am going to have a ******* heart attack it charged ok. Looked at the manuals online, trouble shooting,holding the button to check cycle times b/capacity and its all good.

Appreciate any comeback.

• Battery Yamaha Lithium Ion 400

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Whatever you do even if someone suggests otherwise do not go trying to do capacity tests with external loads and do not go sticking multimeters into battery terminals. If you try to do a load test you will kill the battery, if you go sticking a multimeter on it you will not get correct readings unless it is connected to the bike and turned on.
My advice is to go back to the dealer, no one in the UK that I know of is repairing these batteries.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if the bms is fried then its dead, tho some on the german forum has recelled gen 2 batts and cut the bms power while doing it and got it to work.

tho jimmy keeps the bms powerd while working on them just in case

glock182

Just Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Whatever you do even if someone suggests otherwise do not go trying to do capacity tests with external loads and do not go sticking multimeters into battery terminals. If you try to do a load test you will kill the battery, if you go sticking a multimeter on it you will not get correct readings unless it is connected to the bike and turned on.
My advice is to go back to the dealer, no one in the UK that I know of is repairing these batteries.
Thanks for the advice mate and sorry i took so long to reply. The battery seems fine since i started taking it indoors so i assume it just got too cold. my previous ebikes would just get a bit sluggish when the temp dropped but i guess these batteries must be different. Thanks again