Haibike AllMtn 3.0 2020

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Alright chaps

Been a while since I was last here after my and my sons Trances got nicked some year and a half ago. After some insurance and an ongoing bike to work scheme I managed to get him a nice used non E Trance to replace his old one (a much later model so he's well chuffed) and I picked up a new AllMtn around May last year. I did a couple of review vids back around the time when I got it which I will post up very shortly. I warn you I'm not good with vids so theres a lot of waffle and wasteage but hopefully they will help someone who is considering this bike or a later model which are very similar. I'm now around 750 miles into ownership and I'm still over the moon with the bike so thought it only fair to show my face again to give the bike it's due and maybe help someone who was on the fence about buying one.

20211129_160056.jpg

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
My review (although its not really a review, just my own thoughts about the bike!) is in 2 parts. Part 1:

And Part 2:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Everyone to their own but that is one fugly bike.

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
I did say that Haibikes were a bit Marmite in the vid but to be honest I dont think I've seen a worse looking bike than the one in your avatar so you are indeed correct on that front :D

Reactions: richtea99

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't watch most links posted in case of disease infecting my pc, so wouldn't know what you said about hibikes.

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
I don't watch most links posted in case of disease infecting my pc, so wouldn't know what you said about hibikes.
You're expecting to get a virus from a direct YouTube link? It seems they really are out to get you.

I also prefer Planemo's steed to yours, just to stir the pot a little. :rolleyes:
Yes, it's got too many unnecessary bends in what should be a straightline frame, but that's fashion for you, and the blue is quite striking.

Reactions: Planemo

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
No point backpeddling on your initial comment on the basis that you never saw the vids as its totally irrelevant. You dont like the bike, thats cool. I think yours looks like a bag of toss that my gran wouldnt even ride so we're all good.

And its Haibike btw :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i just dont like that hole as just looks weird and dead space for no reason and watch that plastic bottom bracket as there is a 8 pin cpu naff power connector from the batt holder to the motor and if damaged could short out both in a big hit or crash.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The hibike still looks Fugly however you place it, one simply can't compare it to an iconic rare piece of history like the Swizzbee. The Swizzbee set the mould for fast ebikes for the modern day likes to come about.
Like the art deco movement the Swizzbee set out a stylish iconic design not seen before in ebikes.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
one simply can't compare it to an iconic rare piece of history like the Swizzbee. The Swizzbee set the mould for fast ebikes for the modern day likes to come about.
:D You could say the same thing about the Model A Ford but I wouldnt want to drive around in one of those either.

Like the art deco movement the Swizzbee set out a stylish iconic design not seen before in ebikes.
I think I probably dislike art deco even more than your bike tbh.

Look, we get it. You dont like Haibikes. You really dont need to keep banging on about it or trying to justify your own steed, even more so to someone like myself who doesnt give a monkeys about its history.

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
watch that plastic bottom bracket as there is a 8 pin cpu naff power connector from the batt holder to the motor and if damaged could short out both in a big hit
Cheers for the link SW but I think the stock bash guard is enough for my use. Its pretty substantial and I never ride rock trails so I think I will be OK.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
You're expecting to get a virus from a direct YouTube link? It seems they really are out to get you.
No, he's seeing the (smallish but real and very annoying) risk of a damaging link disguised as a YouTube (or whatever) link. 'They' are out to get anyone they can fool.

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
No, he's seeing the (smallish but real and very annoying) risk of a damaging link disguised as a YouTube (or whatever) link. 'They' are out to get anyone they can fool.
Don't get fooled is the answer - educate yourself. Here's how to check a link:
- Hover over the link to view it
- If you're on a device that can't 'hover' (i.e. no cursor) then a long press will display the link

Then follow the advice here:
Or a more detailed site:

And it's still a nice cracking blue colour. I think they share the same paintshop as Suzuki:

Related Articles

Advertisers