Haibike allmtn rc 2016

lanerboy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2016
midlands
Hi All

I have just purchased a 2016 Haibike Allmtn RC and just wondered if anyone else had this model and what they thought of it both good and bad, is there anything I need to look out for

Thanks

LB

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

that ? needs a respray :p

• :D
Reactions: EddiePJ and IR772

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
My wife and I have got the Yamaha version. Have a look in the photo thread, we've got some of our rides in there. Worst thing is the dropper post. Its very difficult to get it to work properly. Wouldn't be without it though. The original tubes were crap. Easily punctured and replaced with Continentals heavy duty. No punctures since and no slime involved. The lcd display was quite easy to dislodge if the bike fell but I've shimmed them so they are tighter. I clean the chain and lube it after each ride but all our trips are off road so it needs doing. Get your suspension set up right (you'll need a proper pump) and the bike will fly over all the bumps beautifully. We have had some fantastic trips with the bikes to various trail centres and plenty of 'wild' routes in the countryside, definately getting our money's worth!
Just get out and enjoy it.

Reactions: Emo Rider and IR772

lanerboy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2016
midlands
Thanks for the replies mine has the Bosch system on it but I would think they are very similar cant wait to get out on it tomorrow I have all the suspension set up for my weight so should work great.

Regards the respray I must admit its not my favorite but what I paid for it made my mind up but I agree there are a lot better colour combinations than mine Lol

Reactions: chris130256

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hoi! What have you got against Henry Ford? Or Audi for that matter? :rolleyes:

• :D
Reactions: Fordulike

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
if you don't like the colour then use vinyl to change colour. i hated the lime green on the rx and now its black, red and white.
Impressive. Did you do that yourself, or are there companies out there that do this sort of thing?

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Yes i did 3M vinyl work and painting myself as a project over a number of weeks. I used vinyl as next owner may like lime green (personal preference )and can remove vinyl. The 3m stuff is great quality and a previous bike i had it was just as good after 3 years. I used a surgeons knife, cutting board, , tracing paper, edge sealer, various good quality matt paints, some decals and a lot of patience.
There are many graphics companies that will use a plotter to print and cut all decals needed for you. i then changed some parts i.e. wheels etc etc.
i must admit i did worry about doing this or changing bike too much, but i think it looks ok.
ps colour is personal preference as we all know and as i said if you don't like a colour buy 3m vinyl!

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
My Haibike is bog stock but I'm having a whale of a time on it, it only goes off road at trail centres but so far has coped well with the amount of abuse I've given it.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Check tightness of fixings every few weeks, remove chain guard from jocky wheel for a nice quiet ride and keep an eye on chain stretch, get a tool from ebay.
I've been wondering about removing guard from jockey wheel as it's noisy and doesn't seem that centred with chain. Before I do this have you had any issues.

Thanks

Steve

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
If it's noisy in lower gears because it's rubbing on the chain guard it can be made quieter by a bit of lube. A squirt of GT85 will do it.

Bigkevp

Pedelecer
May 30, 2016
west sussex
I've been wondering about removing guard from jockey wheel as it's noisy and doesn't seem that centred with chain. Before I do this have you had any issues.

Thanks

Steve[/QUOTE

Only one issue Steve, caught my jeans in it once but it's not often I wear jeans while riding.... the majority of noise comes from the chain being dirty and dirt around the jocky wheel. I ride around 50 miles every day so every week I'll clean and lube the drive gear.

Bigkevp

Pedelecer
May 30, 2016
west sussex
Only one issue Steve, caught my jeans in it once but it's not often I wear jeans while riding.... the majority of noise comes from the chain being dirty and dirt around the jocky wheel. I ride around 50 miles every day so every week I'll clean and lube the drive gear.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

all that guard does is strip the chain of lube and cover it in crap ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Related Articles

Advertisers