Haibike Battery Cover

oldpeddler

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 11, 2013
Bristol
Just taken delivery of a Haibike sDuro Cross 6.0. Decided to take in-tube battery off bike to charge. According to handbook the Yamaha battery cover should slide off, no chance...So loosened top and bottom screws, still no joy, so unscrewed completely. Operated lock, battery fell forward but.....could not then remove it. Bugger it decided to charge in bike, clicked battery back and replaced lower screw, slid in cover but upper screw now about 1/4 inch above hole in frame! Did eventually manage to lever in but suspect x-threaded as top of cover now about 1/2 inch proud of frame. Am I completely thick or is this a widely-experienced problem. Any easy manipulations to solve this would be appreciated!

oldpeddler

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 11, 2013
Bristol
Now solved: the hole for the upper stop was not large enough to allow removal, cut a piece out, solved. As there was another screw of same size 1/2" above upper stop, I reversed these, now fits a treat. To remove battery I had to turn key, battery drops forward, turn key again battery can now be removed. Pity the manufacturers can't explain this in the literature (got this from you tube video for Bosch battery).
Hope this may help anyone who suffers similar problems.
Only had time for 3 miles last night so will publish proper review of this sDro Cross 6.0 in a week or so in a week or so.

Reactions: D C