Haibike Front Sprocket ?

BWIZZ

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 15, 2017
Cornwall UK
Re alumi pro with raised sprocket
Is the front sprocket " 16t " specific to Haibike or will a generic bosch fit
anybody know of a source of resonable priced ones in the UK. also need a replacement raised sprocket soon

tringmotion

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
GB
Bosch is 15, 18 or 20. There's plenty of choice of suppliers for 16t, but it does need a specific lock ring tool.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

BWIZZ

Feb 15, 2017
Cornwall UK
Not removed it yet but the sprocket seems to have the haibke logo'd guide attached to it. ? Looks like a general purpose c spanner will fit the lockring.
If not a Haibike specific will cost lots

tringmotion

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
GB
Haibike does have lots of custom OEM parts, but you will need the specific removal tool for the Bosch lock ring.

BWIZZ

Feb 15, 2017
Cornwall UK
Well if the tool is bosch it will be less expensive than Haibike specific. main question is is the sprocket specific

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I bought one from e-bike shop, but they will only sell if you bought a bike from them. I think park tools do one , but more expensive than Haibike.
Another option is go to the bikespeed rs website and they do one there.

I have the original 16t, and since bought the 18t and 20t. I prefer the Haibike brand, as the cheaper connex ones were too close to the casing and damaged it.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The front ring is one of the few reasonably priced spares for the Bosch motor.

Original ones can be had for under £15, pattern ones for less than a tenner.

The lock ring is a left hand thread, I undid mine by tapping it with a blunt screwdriver so there's no need for the tool.

Bike Discount is a reliable supplier for the rings, although there are others.

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/shop/chain-rings-17868?currency=3&delivery_country=190

BWIZZ

Feb 15, 2017
Cornwall UK
I had already Checked out e bike and found the same thing but £85 and only supply if you buy the bike from them. What is going on here?I had noticed the retaining ring was LHT .says on! ta

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Martin at e-bikeshop does have an, er, unusual business model.

I've never bought a bike from him, but he did supply me with a spare Bosch battery - at a small discount - a few years ago.

This means I am 'in the club' which used to be more of a benefit than it is now.

At one time, he was one of very few suppliers who had stock of Bosch spares.

Increasingly, Bosch bits are now available elsewhere and usually at lower prices.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Think you are comparing different things.

There are the ones machined out of one piece of metal with the bash rings incorporated & made out of Stainless Steel for £70 - £80.

Then there are the sprockets alone and not Stainless for £10 - £15.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
The cheaper ring will potentially damage your casing as it did with mine as sit's too close to case. i opted back to the expensive haibike ones and no issues.

tringmotion

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
GB
Haibike do have lots of their own parts, I wasn't aware of the unusual 'club'!
I would take the advice of others, otherwise you could end up spending a pound to save a penny as my dad used to say.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Hey soundwave, How did you get on with the big ring and badass dongle, speed wise.
I've just taken the haibike 18t chainring off, and replaced with haibike 20t chaining. Now i find i will need to replace chain as derailleur is stretched. Even the haibike chainset leaves very little clearance (1-2mm) between chain and motor case. I think this is a slight design defect, as you can't afford to get any crud in there it will destroy case. Maybe, i should buy a spacer, but shouldn't need too as these chainrings are designed for bike grrrr.
Waiting for bikespeed rs dongle, so i will see if the whole thing is worth it, or i'll end up back to 18t and existing dongle.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not had chance to get a chain yet as the jcp are being dickheads trying to sanction me for not seeking work??? and not signing a 3rd party contract under threat of a sanction doubt?

it is the ses wheel that is the problem as it pushes the connex sprocket to close to the motor case as if it was not there on say a cube bike then clearance would not be a problem imo.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Sorry to hear that. not sure i can do much about the ses wheel. I removed guard but still get chain noise grrrrr. Seem to have to constantly lube whole chainset to get it to run well,

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bearing might be shot or on its way out do you remove it and clean it inside and then re lube it?

if you remove it and put ur finger in the middle and can feel it wobble then its toast.

mine got so loud it drove me crackers tbh.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
It's fine, along with crank/motor bearings. When well lubed / clean all ok, but i don't have time to do it after every ride. I get bike serviced every 6 months, full strip down. I usually clean bike once a week / fortnight.
Never mind.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Steve A

Related Articles

Advertisers