Haibike Hardseven 2016 STOLEN IN SUTTON,SURREY

deejc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 17, 2016
London
Stolen out of my shed on Tuesday 30th August, With an On-Guard bulldog lock still around the frame.

Frame markings
  • HAY7A450+1
  • AV15606544
Not exactly as the picture anymore, Now has :

Schwalbe marathon Plus (road) tyres
plume roll out mudguard
Charge spoon seat
Muckynuts Fenders
no stickers on the wheels / forks
no battery

12371028995747691944a619_36990471.jpg

thanks for looking.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Sad news.

Was it attached to something? My bike is chained to the stair ramp. It is a wooden ramp but if you get the saw out to cut it I might hear you and come down for a quiet chat. You will recognize me, I'm the one with the baseball bat...

deejc

Aug 17, 2016
London
Yeah shame people can't have nice things they work hard for, it was , in the shed attached to a pole screwed in the back wall, they opened it, quietly, went away then came back and unscrews it all, the lock was still attached to the frame when they lifted it over the fence, I heard that and was 30 seconds behind them but didn't see which way they went so didn't find them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stan464

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Good luck with the chase, it will be on a site soon enough unless they had a buyer lined up beforehand.

Next time chain it to the lawnmower! An alarm on the shed door is easy to rig. I know it is inconvenient having a padlock on the garden shed door but we live in dangerous times... I am buying a second lock for the front wheel, battery and saddle/seat post. Inconvenient but my bike is my car can't afford to lose it.

deejc

Aug 17, 2016
London
Yeah I know there are loads of things I should have done, I do have a lock on the shed but as its a summer house style with glass panes door the door is a little flimsy, second lock, alarm, more robust security screws or angle grind the screw heads off of the pole fitting etc, and also, my bike is (was) my commute transport, the underground sucks [emoji1]

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Easy to give advice after the event.

It is still theft you are a victim of crime.

You will feel lots of different emotions, it is nothing you have or have not done you are a victim.

Sorry you lost a lovely bike.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
With an On-Guard bulldog lock still around the frame.
I use locks too, and chain it up to something heavy or fixed. Although, locks don't deter scrotes. They just delay them, if you're lucky.

We believe that we were 'probed' a few weeks ago at around midnight. My On-Guard GSD is always on the ball with intrusion, he sleeps on a door mat (well, more of a 'lies in wait' job really) facing the entrance to my garage, where my bikes are secured.

His work fee is a bowl of kibble daily and a good run. You can't get a better lock for less than that.

I'm sorry for your loss and I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

Look close to home for the culprit(s).. Someone who sees you going in and out with it. Someone who knows where it's kept. A green eyed monster that coveted your prized possession.

If you were fortunate enough to have insurance, you'll just get a crime number from the old Bill. Me, I'd be knocking doors, questioning people and using my lie detectors on the local scumbags. ;)

Anyway, this thread has motivated me to set up my spare cam as a security cam. I'll just plug it in facing the back gate and let it roll and roll and hopefully I'll never need to review the video it records.

DSC00931.JPG

Reactions: gray198

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Done! A 20 quid cam plugged into the wall. Rolling recorded, 24 hour surveillance.

How is it in the dark? Probably not as good as Muttley is. But the garden security light will come on anyhow. Hopefully, it will only be next doors cat that sets it off. :)

DSC00932.JPG

DSC00933.JPG

DSC00934.JPG

deejc

Aug 17, 2016
London
Nice lock [emoji1] I got a crime number and am now trying to negotiate the insurance mine field. It was covered but there is an excess so it will actually cost me money.
I have cctv of them but it's at night and even with the pir light coming on in the garden he didn't bat an eyelid.
I'll Keep an eye on eBay, gumtree, sphock etc as its pretty recognisable

Reactions: flash and LeighPing

deejc

Aug 17, 2016
London
It's on Facebook on my friends accounts as I don't have one and the police have it so hopefully it'll help, I'm not too bothered by it you know, but my wife it affects more as we have a little Kid and that's what gets me most is that it isn't just them nicking a bit of metal which it is, it's that they cause unseen problems.

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
I've had motorcycles stolen from garage, if they want something they will get along all the security (They weren't that easy to steal, but still did). One thing I did extra after was a baby monitor in the garage.

Reactions: LeighPing

Jmolin

Just Joined
Mar 8, 2022
I have information of your old ebike
Haibike Hard seven.
Send me a mail.
Johanmolin81@hotmail.com
Mvh Johan

Nice lock [emoji1] I got a crime number and am now trying to negotiate the insurance mine field. It was covered but there is an excess so it will actually cost me money.
I have cctv of them but it's at night and even with the pir light coming on in the garden he didn't bat an eyelid.
I'll Keep an eye on eBay, gumtree, sphock etc as its pretty recognisable

Attachments

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I have information of your old ebike
Haibike Hard seven.
Send me a mail.

Mvh Johan
Generally better not to post your email address directly on a forum.
Probably several spammers will have it anyway, but it just helps you collect more ....
I suggest you edit that post and communicate (at least initially) by private message on the forum.

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
Well it was stolen six years ago and it's likely the owner has moved on years ago, hasn't been on this forum for years either, the bike is in Sweden you say?

l guess it's possible, but would it be worth recovering it after all this time?

Victoria Mariya

Just Joined
Oct 11, 2022
These type of stolen activities can be easily solved using a GPS tracker. Though it's a manual or an electrical bike gps tracker facilitates you with the latest technology to track your bike where ever it goes. I recently selected Matrack for my tracking needs.