Haibike newbie questions

Slartibartfast

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2019
Really enjoying my new Haibike Sduro Trekking 4, but I have two queries.

First one is, the display shows mileage, odo, & trip. Trip and odometer I get, but what does the mileage mean? It doesn't reset, but just counts up lie the odo.

The other thing is that when I freewheel then start peddling, there is a clunk while it takes up the slack. The slack is the cassette moving an inch or so before engaging the ratchet so I can power along. Is that normal in a Yamaha crank drive?

Any advice would be welcomed!

NI Phil

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 20, 2018
Really enjoying my new Haibike Sduro Trekking 4, but I have two queries.

First one is, the display shows mileage, odo, & trip. Trip and odometer I get, but what does the mileage mean? It doesn't reset, but just counts up lie the odo.

The other thing is that when I freewheel then start peddling, there is a clunk while it takes up the slack. The slack is the cassette moving an inch or so before engaging the ratchet so I can power along. Is that normal in a Yamaha crank drive?

Any advice would be welcomed!
I think that mileage is the ‘range’ reading. If you move between eco/std/high it will change.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The range reading on my Motus is interesting but very erratic. It is based on only very recent history (somebody suggested the last mile). It might go from mid 30s to mid or low 20s riding a couple of miles up the not very big hills out of Winchester, then back to 30 by the time I'm home again after 5 miles ride.

Slartibartfast

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2019
I’ll have a look tomorrow, I am off out at 5:30am so not many cars to get in the way of playing with the display!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0305.JPG

thats 6 miles left wit 4 bars pmsl dongle makes it ten times worse but it is still crap as it also can not even keep the right time either:rolleyes:

Reactions: Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2019
Fully charged up on eco plus mine showed a range of 106 miles, on eco it was 78, on standard 51, about 40 on High. Not too shabby, and I think that is pretty realistic too.

Reactions: NI Phil

NI Phil

Dec 20, 2018
Fully charged up on eco plus mine showed a range of 106 miles, on eco it was 78, on standard 51, about 40 on High. Not too shabby, and I think that is pretty realistic too.
Fully Charged mine reckons:
Eco 81 miles, Std 53 miles, High 43 miles.
Mines a bit more shabby obviously :rolleyes:

NI Phil

Dec 20, 2018
Yours is the mountain bike though I think, so gearing will be different. Or maybe I put more effort in....;-)
I’ll run mine in Eco next time and see if the Range changes next time I charge it