Help! Haibike Sduro 2016 Won't Switch On - Advice Please

Treloen

Just Joined
Feb 20, 2022
Hi all. I have a 2016 Haibike Sduro (Yamaha) that doesn't switch on when you press the power button on the controller. It was working fine last Sunday. Since then I've given it a clean, lube and charged the battery. Now it's doing nothing. The display has power (showing the time), and I've tried a spare display, but that makes no difference. I've dropped the motor out and checked all of the contacts, and that there is power going from the battery to the motor. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Gutted not to be getting out on it today!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
hard to say with no error codes but if the batt and display is working then it could be the controller in the motor that has a fault.

are there any local dealers that you could take it to and get a diagnostic report done?

Treloen

Just Joined
Feb 20, 2022
Thanks Soundwave. I don't know much about how these things work, but I just find it odd that it worked faultlessly for a 30 mile ride, then the next time I try to turn it on nothing happens. I'll contact my local dealer and see what they say.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the batt and the motor talk to each other so if there is a fault either end it will stop it from working but as the batt is charging and the display comes on and tried a spare display does not leave much left to check bar the main power cable to the motor as some have had problems with these on older bikes with the frame batts.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
this is the controller inside the motor.

it could be that giant capacitor has gone bad and needs replacing but dealers will only replace the hole motor.

Reactions: teto228

Treloen

Just Joined
Feb 20, 2022
The display has its own internal internal battery working, so it's showing the time, but not powering up when the power button is pressed on the control switch. I'll take a look at how easy it is to get the handlebar control switch apart, and check the connections before taking it to a dealer, as I feel it's going to get expensive if it's the controller on the motor. :confused:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
lucky for you the controllers can now be bought but there £210 if that is the problem.

fidym92

Just Joined
Aug 2, 2023
I have the same symptoms on my haibike sduro hardseven 2015 with yamaha motor. During a ride the bike threw err 12, little bit later went completely dead and i cannot turn it on since then. I have checked the connections everywhere but they seem to be fine. Did you find a solution for your problem?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
code 12 is a display fault so a new one might fix the problem if you dont have a local dealer with the software

Reactions: fidym92

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Error 12 is the infamous communication error, where data doesn't go between the LCD and the motor. There are very many possibilities for the cause. If you have a removable one, check the connection pins.

Reactions: fidym92

fidym92

Just Joined
Aug 2, 2023
Its a removable monitor yes, but err 12 is not shown anymore (only the time is displayed, like when its not on the bike). I also have another similar haibike, i tried to swap the monitors to see if thats the problem, but same issue remains (monitor doesnt turn on). Does this mean that its not an issue with the monitor?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Its a removable monitor yes, but err 12 is not shown anymore (only the time is displayed, like when its not on the bike). I also have another similar haibike, i tried to swap the monitors to see if thats the problem, but same issue remains (monitor doesnt turn on). Does this mean that its not an issue with the monitor?
Did you check the connection pins?

Reactions: esuark

rvismonte

Just Joined
Nov 17, 2023
Hi all. I have a 2016 Haibike Sduro (Yamaha) that doesn't switch on when you press the power button on the controller. It was working fine last Sunday. Since then I've given it a clean, lube and charged the battery. Now it's doing nothing. The display has power (showing the time), and I've tried a spare display, but that makes no difference. I've dropped the motor out and checked all of the contacts, and that there is power going from the battery to the motor. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Gutted not to be getting out on it today!
Hi Treloen, I've got the same issue as you are. My bike was working faultlessly and all of a sudden after charging the battery to full and put it back on, it wasn't working anymore. It's always going back to the clock. So my question is.. did you manage to get yours fixed? Was it really the capacitor in the PCB inside the motor? Thanks!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisers