Haibike Sduro Full Fat Six 2016 motor cutting out during riding

StuckintheSpokes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2019
I had a crash about a month ago. Had to get a new display, new brake lever and a disk rotor sorted out.

Finally managed to get the bike back from the shop yesterday. Tested it today and the motor was working fine in all modes. After about 10-15 seconds, the mode starts flashing and the motor cuts out. If I turn the bike off and on the motor and all the modes start working again for again, 10-15 seconds.

There’s no visible damage to the motor housing. Something has gone wrong because it wasn’t like this before the crash.

The motor is a Yamaha PW motor.

Last edited:

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Back to the repairer I guess. Didn't it happen 30 yards from the shop when you picked it up?

StuckintheSpokes

Feb 5, 2019
Fair enough, obviously the shop didn't test ride it either after the work.
Phoned them up and they told me they tested it and used diagnostics to check the motor. Will have to just drop it off again and see if they can find what’s wrong with it.

Only thing I can think of is the magnet may have moved or something.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Sounds like the shop has done a thoroughly p#ss poor job of fixing your bike then, taken a month to give it back to you with the same fault.:(

StuckintheSpokes

Feb 5, 2019
Sounds like the shop has done a thoroughly p#ss poor job of fixing your bike then, taken a month to give it back to you with the same fault.:(
What held it up was the display: they told me it was on back order until last Wednesday, apparently. The bike work apparently was done after they got the display. I could have collected it on Saturday but was busy so got it yesterday.

I spent over £200 for them to fix everything. 165 for the parts not including labour.

Advertisers