Haibike with Bosch Perfomance line keeps turning itself off

Mayonaise

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 10, 2016
Aberdeen
The bike is a Haibike Xduro Nduro RX 2015 with the Bosch Performance line motor and Nyon display and it keeps just turning itself off when I'm out riding. Once turned on again the bike works OK until the next time it turns itself off. Owned the bike for about 10 months from new. First few months were trouble free but then this problem started to develop. Local dealer cannot find a fault and importer (Raleigh) just recommends resetting fault codes in the system. Seems to be better when this is done but problem persists.

Anyone out there had a similar problem who may be able to offer some advise?

There are a few things I think it may be:
Battery terminal wetness. It seems to be worse on wet rides.
Some times its seems to be associated with rocky descents. Thought it might be battery or Nyon display movement.
Nyon display which has parted company with the holder on a few occasions during crashes. It may be damaged. I am planning to switch to the simpler Intuvia display
Nyon display has software issues.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I have a couple of Bosch bikes and the only couple of glitches I've had have been related to dampness on the display connections.

Your plan to switch to Intuvia looks a good first step.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
It might be your battery connections jumping. The water on 36 volts is not going to stop your bike.

Clean and dry the battery terminals refit the battery carefully.

Then with cling film, (yes) bind the battery tightly on to the frame with 5 or 7 really tight rotations, this should stop any movement of the battery.

Then take your bike for a thrash down the rockiest and worst track you can and see if that cures it.

If this does not work it will keep your sandwiches fresh.

Mayonaise

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 10, 2016
Aberdeen
Thanks for the suggestions. For anyone interested, I think its sorted. I have not had a problem after doing the following:

Clean the electrical contact cluster on the battery mount with electrical contact cleaner (Halfords) after every ride.
Placed a thin o ring around the electrical contact cluster on the battery mount. This keeps the water away from the contacts with the battery installed.
Strap the battery to the frame to stop it moving about when riding.

I have kept the Nyon display.

• Informative
Reactions: chris130256

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can adjust the frame mounts for the batt if its a bit loose fitting.

marksman99999

Just Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Manchester
I've had something similar with my 2015 Haibike sduro (Yamaha) over the course of the past few months. I've had the bike since April.

The assist on my bike would cut out and the speedo would return to zero. Cycling the power off and on would make it return albeit temporarily. The bike shop changed the display on my bike and it worked again for a short time. Recently the bike developed a torque sensor error and happily, the bike shop (J E James of Rotherham) agreed the replace the bike.

I'm now the proud owner of the Allmtn Plus and am hoping that I don't have a repeat performance.

If you're still in warranty, return the bike. These things don't go away!

Reactions: chris130256

Related Articles

Advertisers