Haibike

gm1986

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 12, 2020
Haibike AllMtn 5.0 Flyon got it 3 weeks ago heard a Big Bang wen dropped off kerb on first test ride rear suspension caught on frame big chip on paintwork got sent back to Raleigh Uk they offered me 100 credit note and bike repair or new bike but new bike won’t be hear until nxt yearly I could take a lower model if they can get me one I won’t a new bike but seems an awful long time to me an a bit of a **** take wen I’ve spent £5300 warranties should take priority over other bikes wen I can see them online in uk ! Anyone had similar experience an anyone know how long it should take for new bike am going out my mind

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
has it hat the valve cap? if so that is pretty bad on a bike that expensive but id remove it as could take out another chunk.

haibike are slower when releasing there bikes and some wont be available till next year for the 2021 bikes.

have they got no frame spares? or ask them for some touch up paint till it can get sorted as id be well pissed as well

what psi is in the rear shock?

Last edited:

gm1986

Jul 12, 2020
Yes was metal cap on it changed for plastic but nxt day peddle came off crank while at speed came off pretty bad think it wernt set up rite so now has few scuffs after 50km probably so just won’t new bike really it’s got 45 scratches big chip just really unhappy just down to bad luck really I think ! I’d be happy to add money an get the 8.0 or maybe the 10 but just won’t ASAP got no weels at all at min

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i had to totally rebuild my bike as was not 1 drop of lube or lock tight anywhere when it was put together and the rear sus horse link bolts £40 each! would fall out same as the pivot bolt lost one of them and cost me 30 quid.

so i check them all as cant afford not to.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

gm1986

Jul 12, 2020
How long you think it will take for them to get me a new bike?? really think it will be nxt year ?? Without my bike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id say yes you will have to wait a long time for it to be replaced as imo they dont make that many anyway with the tq motor.

wont they let you keep the bike then?

gm1986

Jul 12, 2020
I knocked back the 100 credit Last week
they had it three weeks now I said I won’t a new one or like it . had to be flyon ‍♂ You think to take it back ??

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
where did you get it from cant you just get a refund and get the same bike from another dealer?

gm1986

Jul 12, 2020
Haven been offered that Just yet looked online there is a few out here

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

if that dealer fitted those peddles id not let them touch my bike with a barge poll get the refund and be done with them.

you have no bike and they have all of your money there taking the pi$$

also that has a 150mm rear shock if it was set up right for your waight it would not bottom out going off a curb.

tho it would off still have damaged the frame if you was doing hard off road down hill at speed but that would be a massive crash.

sound like they got it out the box slapped it together never done a pdi check and look what happens.

Last edited:

gm1986

Jul 12, 2020
Thanks I’ll go in see wot there saying this week an get sum answers thanks mate very helpful

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

they will loose and have to pay the costs back and will get a ccl against them tho dont go in guns blazing ;)