Hall Connector

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
I have two Raleigh Velo Cite bikes, both of which were bought from the same dealer at the same time. So I am told by the person I bought them from. They look identical, and I have found something missing on the controller for one bike. There is no HALL connector on the controller. They both have the same model number and the only difference is the code BTN-13 on one with no HALL and BTN-51 that has HALL. Both bikes have the hall connector with 5 pin JST from the motor. This bike I have not had running so can't say how it runs. Does anyone know what the difference in the code is with 13 and 51?
Screenshot 2018-10-28 at 12.06.20.png

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
You can get digital controllers and hall controllers. Digital controllers can be used on motors with hall sensor issues which can be time consuming to fix.
Perhaps one of your bikes had a broken motor (faulty hall sensor) and has been fixed by replacing with a digital controller.
The motor may run a little less smoothly using the digital version of the controller.

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
Thank you for your answer. The bikes have only done about 40 miles each from new, and the controllers were the ones in the bikes when they were purchased. Perhaps it was the dealer who did the swap, or the Raleigh factory though that no one would notice. But good to know that its not vital as I get them back on the road again.

Advertisers