Handgrip Removal And Replacement

PeterPi

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2019
I thought I might have a problem replacing the grips on my handlebars until I followed the online instructions.

Whoever thought it would be so easy.

Using method:
This do set of wall with antiskid and catch hair design, install, the handlebar on water surface, the set of wall with water, also can be installed. If this method is not good to use detergent water is used in the set of the lining and the surface of the handle bar can be installed in. One of the best approach is to gas blow it up. This method can be used after installation.

Note:After the installation in May skid kill, this is because the water there is should put one to two days after water out can lock. Have questions, please feel free to contact customer service.
If use detergent to install in cycling in the rain to note, will slip.
Remove the set of water immersion.

I'll just have to make sure I do the "skid kill" bit in May.

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
If you squirt wd40 between the grip and the handlebar (use a very thin screwdriver blade to pry the grip away from the bar), job takes neer a minute.

• Useful
Reactions: harrys and PeterPi

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it is all rubber just heat it up with a hair dryer i have lock on grips so come off with a Alan key ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Gringo and PeterPi

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
i have lock on grips so come off with a Alan key ;)
I thought you were more adventurous than that. Let your hair down and risk it being caught, then gas blow it up (I assume that refers to an extreme hair dryer?).

PeterPi

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2019
I thought you were more adventurous than that. Let your hair down and risk it being caught, then gas blow it up (I assume that refers to an extreme hair dryer?).
I think it may be a hint that squirting some propane in there and setting it alight will cause an explosion in the confined space. I'm a little apprehensive as when I was a teenager, a friend packed handlebars with some sugar and oxidiser and set the mixture alight. He still has the scars in his calves from the resulting explosion.