Handlebar locking mechanism broken

Howard

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2008
Hi David/Doug
I have had my Wisper 905se Sport for just over 3 weeks, purchased new from the Electric Transport Company in London. This week, the handlebar locking mechanism has completely failed. On Wednesday, it was a bit loose, so I tightened it all up a bit, but the handlebars just kept dropping all the time. On investigation, the metal grooved bit (see picture attached) has completely sheared off, so the mechanism has absolutely no chance of locking successfully now. I set the handlebars where I wanted them when I got the bike, and have not adjusted them since, so there's no reason why this should have failed. I have only ridden on the road - no off road at all, so there have beden a few bumps but nothing too severe. Have you had this happen before? What metal is the grooved bit actually made out of? Obviously I'm not overly impressed that this has failed after only 3 weeks, and I cannot ride the bike in this state :( . I will get in touch with Electric Transport Company London as well, but I thought I'd let you know on the off-chance you have a spare grooved metal bit you could send as a replacement, and also so that you are aware this may be a weakness on the latest batch.
Cheers,
Howard

Attachments

wisper new milton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2007
handlebars

Hi Howard,

Sorry you have had a problem, and this is the 1st time we have had a problem like this.

I have had a look at the stock we have and all seems in order. I'm sure Mike at the electric transport shop will be able to sort it, but email me on doug.gosling@wisperbikes.com if Mike doesnt have a spare.

I am not on the site too much so an email is the best bet. regards Doug

Howard

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2008
Hi Doug
Mike at ETS London has been fantastic - he sent me out a replacement part by courier straight away. I have fitted this, and the problem is cured.
Cheers,
Howard

Advertisers