Handlebar stem for Wisper 905 Sport

Howard

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2008
Hi All
My handlebar stem (think that's what it's called!) has just broken on my 905 Sport. The mechanism that allows you to raise/lower the handlebars easily includes a metal cog with teeth, that locks the mechanism when all is tightened. The teeth have sheared off, meaning the handlebars are now floppy and won't tighten properly. This is the second time this has happened - the first timed ELC in London sent me a new stem under warranty, but I'm out of warranty now. I would like to replace the stem with a standard stem, with no fancy mechanism for moving the handlebars around. Once I have set the height the usual way, I have no need to make any adjustments after that. My question is about what stem to buy? Does anyone know the size I need for a 905 Sport 2008 model? i.e. the diameter of the stem that goes into the bike forks, and the size of the bit the actual handlebar goes through? Any help in knowing the right replacement stem to buy would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Howard

Howard

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2008
Once again I feel I must commend Wisper for their amazing service. Steve at their service centre responded almost immediately to my email requesting information about the handlebar stem, and Wisper are as always going above and beyond to help me sort out the problem. I really cannot recommend Wisper enough to anyone looking to buy a good quality electric bike. And no, they're not paying me for this advert :)

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I've got this problem on my 906 and stripped the teeth, I found tightening both bolts under the stem and then using a lot of weight to close the lever worked for me.

Howard

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2008
Thanks Mussels - I'll give that a try. I did try tightening it all up when this happened before, but I could never get it tight enough that the handlebar didn't gradually drop again!

Advertisers