Hannibal Lecter masks and anti-pollution

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
The neoprene Respro anti pollution masks get really damp and hot, generally unpleasant to wear. I wore mine twice then put it away and never used it again. Possibly the worst £30 i ever spent.

If however you want a face mask to keep the windchill down on sub-zero days then i'd highly recommend the Gore Bike Wear face mask, which isnt sweaty and is comfortable and windproof.

Both make you look like Hannibal Lector, which may be a good thing in a road rage incident :p

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I wanted one for keeping flies out in summer but even a scarf is too hot and uncomfortable, I just keep my mouth shut now.

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
I wanted one for keeping flies out in summer but even a scarf is too hot and uncomfortable, I just keep my mouth shut now.
I don't like the ones that get into my eyes. I've never really tried goggles/glasses except for an Aldi pair where they where uncomfortable ad the lenses kept popping out when stored meaning messing around trying to get them back in before using. Anyone found any good no nonsense eye protection that doesn't look like a welding mask?

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
They look not too dissimilar to the Aldi ones (I think the frames aren't molded very accurately and the lenses aren't too good) but I guess they should be better considering at the recommended price. But probably worth a try. Thanks
They could all come from the same factory in China... a bit like a lot of eBikes!:p A friend of mine has them and rates them highly. I use these myself, which come with one clear lens and one photo-reactive, but clearly no cheap. Madison Darcs have always been good too, about £30.