Happy 10th Birthday Batribike Quartz .

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
I purchased the Quartz SE run-out Model 10 years ago as a surprise 70th Birthday present for my Wife . It proved too much of a surprise and she refused to ride it . Since then the only major expenditure has been a new rear wheel rim and a battery Re-cell with Jimmy at Insat which increased the Battery Capacity from 8Ah to 11Ah . The 200 W front hub motor and 24V System are vintage now . The machine has been 100 % reliable and is still the one of choice for shorter or shopping trips, rather than a Folder/ Fat Tyre or a 700 mm wheeled crank drive Ebike . It still equals the range of the others on my regular 25 mile ride in the hilly lanes in the Vale of Glamorgan . Decent mudguards are handy for containing water on these roads whereas the skimpy ones on the Fat Tyre will ensure that it will all land on your lap . This machine was made in China but designed by Leisger in Germany . An exact copy of the Quartz design seems to be the NCM` Paris `which is not surprising as Leisger seems to have morphed into Leon of Hannover which supply this machine . I am sure the Quartz will easily last another 10 years of Ebiking but not sure about this Rider who by then will be 92 !

Reactions: Andy-Mat

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sadly most women don't like toys like e bikes etc, etc, you should have bought her a nice kitchen appliance :D.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
I did Nealh after she melted the carpet with her Electric Iron . After I cleaned the gunge off the bottom of the old one , she continued using it . I gave the new one away . I bought her a battery powered tooth brush and she won`t use it . Don`t even mention a Mobile Phone aversion . Yet this is the same Woman who in 1964 tamed a Honda 50 and rode my 125 Scooters for quite a few years !

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I purchased the Quartz SE run-out Model 10 years ago as a surprise 70th Birthday present for my Wife .
Oh dear. Roger, you need to read the book "Men are from Mars and women are from Venus". Buying your wife a bicycle or other fitness device when she didn't ask for it says, "you're fat and unattractive. You need to do more exercise".

Reactions: RoadieRoger

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I purchased the Quartz SE run-out Model 10 years ago as a surprise 70th Birthday present for my Wife . It proved too much of a surprise and she refused to ride it . Since then the only major expenditure has been a new rear wheel rim and a battery Re-cell with Jimmy at Insat which increased the Battery Capacity from 8Ah to 11Ah . The 200 W front hub motor and 24V System are vintage now . The machine has been 100 % reliable and is still the one of choice for shorter or shopping trips, rather than a Folder/ Fat Tyre or a 700 mm wheeled crank drive Ebike . It still equals the range of the others on my regular 25 mile ride in the hilly lanes in the Vale of Glamorgan . Decent mudguards are handy for containing water on these roads whereas the skimpy ones on the Fat Tyre will ensure that it will all land on your lap . This machine was made in China but designed by Leisger in Germany . An exact copy of the Quartz design seems to be the NCM` Paris `which is not surprising as Leisger seems to have morphed into Leon of Hannover which supply this machine . I am sure the Quartz will easily last another 10 years of Ebiking but not sure about this Rider who by then will be 92 !
Best wishes for your birthday in 10 years time!
Andy

Reactions: RoadieRoger

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I did Nealh after she melted the carpet with her Electric Iron . After I cleaned the gunge off the bottom of the old one , she continued using it . I gave the new one away.
Sounds like you forgot an ironing board for her so she used the floor :eek:.