Has anyone dealt with Race Co Cycles?

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Whilst noodling around the web and doing some window shopping, I spotted a cycle firm in the Midlands called "Race Co Cycles". They're in Stourbridge and claim to have a stock of 300 bikes. They seem to have a lot of leccy bikes too, but I don't recall anyone mentioning them here before. Do they have any representation on here, or a secret horde of customers?

I spy that they do some very nice premium bikes, including some tasty carbon ones. Only £7.5K! :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Is that D8veh's new best bike shop Telford ?

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Their ebikes seem limited to Haibike, Cube and LaPierre.
All of them sports models and looking very similar to each other.

• Agree

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Whilst noodling around the web and doing some window shopping, I spotted a cycle firm in the Midlands called "Race Co Cycles". They're in Stourbridge and claim to have a stock of 300 bikes. They seem to have a lot of leccy bikes too, but I don't recall anyone mentioning them here before. Do they have any representation on here, or a secret horde of customers?

I spy that they do some very nice premium bikes, including some tasty carbon ones. Only £7.5K! :eek:
Got my Cube from them a couple of years ago .... and I live in Cornwall!
They had what I wanted in stock, which my LBS didn't.
Were very helpful, couriered it free AND gave me a substantial discount.

Subsequently, a few weeks before the warranty expired, I had the motor bearing fail. They dealt with the issue very professionally without making any issue about it. I had my bike couriered back free with a new motor in just over two weeks.

So RaceCo get the big thumbs up from my experience with them.
Their shop is uber impressive and they seemed to me to have a very strong relationship with Cube and Bosch.

Not too happy with the Bosch failure after about two thousand miles .. but I'd still buy another for the smooth, powerful and refined performance :)

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Not too happy with the Bosch failure after about two thousand miles .. but I'd still buy another for the smooth, powerful and refined performance
Yes, I am a Bosch fan too, I have the Classic on my old Ave and the Active on my current KTM. I am intrigued by the high torque of recent Brose units (reportedly delivering 80Nm against Performance CX's 75Nm) but the reliability of the Bosch in both of my cases has been great. I had one software problem with the KTM, but a quick bit of reprogramming at an LBS fixed that up.

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Their ebikes seem limited to Haibike, Cube and LaPierre.
All of them sports models and looking very similar to each other.
True, I guess this is a good thing if a sports bike is what one is after! I am tentatively pondering buying a full sus (having recently tried the excellent Moustache Samedi 27/29 at Onbike) so these brands would be the kind of thing I'd be interested in.

Last edited:

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Yes, I am a Bosch fan too, I have the Classic on my old Ave and the Active on my current KTM. I am intrigued by the high torque of recent Brose units (reportedly delivering 80Nm against Performance CX's 75Nm) but the reliability of the Bosch in both of my cases has been great. I had one software problem with the KTM, but a quick bit of reprogramming at an LBS fixed that up.
Thought Brose were quoting 90Nm

• Informative
Reactions: halfer

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
True, I guess this is a good thing if a sports bike is what one is after! I am tentatively pondering buying a full sus (having recently tried the excellent Moustache Samedi 27/29 at Onbike recently) so these brands would be the kind of thing I'd be interested in.
I'm assuming if you've tried them at Onbike you'll give them a fair crack at getting your business:D

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nice video Leigh, completely encapsulates why I reckon more off-roading will be fun (though I doubt I'll be going at such ludicrous speeds).

The Samedi I tried was from this year but it does look quite similar. It is a great bike with high-quality equipment. My only niggles were a lack of remote lockout, which I really like on my KTM hardtail, and confusing gear controls, where up and down are both push levers, rather than one push, one pull. That configuration is slower, to my mind, since one has to move the thumb before activating, though I appreciate some may prefer it.

• Informative

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
Yes, bought my Focus Jam 2 from Race Co Cycles though I live in Edinburgh. Their service was good and fuss free and prices good too. In service the bike has behaved well so no need for follow up but reading elsewhere Race Co Cycles seem to go the extra mile which is why I bought from them in the first place. Well worth a try imho.