Has anyone heard of or tried Argento bikes?

flux

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2016
scotland
This looks really cheap for a e-mtb with rear suspension. I know its never going to be a Haibike, but wondered if anyone had seen anything from this company and how the quality was.
Looking for something to do light forest work for around £1k .

thanks.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Never heard of them and seems an odd hotchpotch of parts. Cheapo mechanical brakes, cheap rear hub. 7 gears?! Really on a mtb?

The rear shock seems to be repurposed from scooters. The front is a super cheapo Zoom

Controller placement is horrible and seems like an afterthought given the semi integrated battery (which will be a nightmare to replace btw)

On the plus side the internal cable routing is quite nice!?!

Personally I'd avoidike the plague. Has all the hallmarks of a typical here today, gone tomorrow Internet ebike retailer

I also note that their own website shows zero retailers and zero service centres anywhere! Must be wrong if a legit Company but doesn't fill me with confidence

Take your grand to Woosh for a complete bike or take a bike and less cash to Brighton Ebikes for a conversion

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Not sure if you or the forum put that advert up for £850 shocks, but im pretty sure i dont need those :)
those are top end fox forks but you want a air spring over a coil shock as most cheap coil shocks are not serviceable.

plus they will feel alot better lighter and you can set them to your waight ;)

flux

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2016
scotland
I do appreciate an elite component, but its not necessary for the kind of thing i want to do. Its more a bike i can use for commuting during the week and do some trails at the weekend. I wont be doing 5ft jumps on it.
Dont think i'll see air forks in my budget. As long as they lock out for road use i'll be fine.
I've mainly been looking at hard tails, but when i saw rear suspension for a similar price i was intrigued.

Doing a conversion is an intriguing prospect. How does a 8-9yr old 'good' bike compare with a brand new budget bike nowadays?
I've not really seen kits for under £500 and they are never as neat as integrated units. If there are any out there though i'd love to know.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
every bike i have ever had with cheap forks the first thing to brake is the lock out ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my 5 year old fox 34 forks are as good as new ;)

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Dont think i'll see air forks in my budget.
the Boardman bike I mentioned have good quality air forks and brakes.
How does a 8-9yr old 'good' bike compare with a brand new budget bike nowadays?
bike tech has not moved that fast compared to electronics, so yes, a 9 year old bike may have seen only a couple of hundred hours of service which is really nothing, so a 9 year old Boardman FS Comp is better than a new Halfords Voodoo.