Head unit faulty

Eeoodares

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2020
Hi,
I have a Claud Butler Glide 2 and water has got into the head unit.

Is there anywhere that still sells these?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi,
I have a Claud Butler Glide 2 and water has got into the head unit.

Is there anywhere that still sells these?

View attachment 34934
I have a similar unit that in a storm, let water in, so I opened mine up, let it dry out in a warm room on a radiator, then sealed it up properly and it was fine.
Give it several days to dry out before closing up.
You have nothing to lose.
If you carry with you a see thru plastic bag, and you are not 100% certain it is sealed, use the plastic bag when it rains. Others use clingfilm....
Throttles can let in water as well....
Andy

Eeoodares

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2020
I have a similar unit that in a storm, let water in, so I opened mine up, let it dry out in a warm room on a radiator, then sealed it up properly and it was fine.
Give it several days to dry out before closing up.
You have nothing to lose.
If you carry with you a see thru plastic bag, and you are not 100% certain it is sealed, use the plastic bag when it rains. Others use clingfilm....
Throttles can let in water as well....
Andy
Hi, unfortunately the screen has completely gone, it will need replacing. I just can't find anywhere that sells them.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Does the lcd have any maker details on the rear or can you tell us the maker of the main controller, a simple pic of the label can be helpful.

Aders

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Has anyone managed to find a replacement head yet please? I've got exactly the same problem, plus the buttons have become hard. I've tried Claud Butler and many e-bike shops but without success. Any help would be very much appreciated.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Has anyone managed to find a replacement head yet please? I've got exactly the same problem, plus the buttons have become hard. I've tried Claud Butler and many e-bike shops but without success. Any help would be very much appreciated.
It's a standard Bigstone C300 that used to be fitted to many different bikes including the Oxygen E-mate from around 2012. It's been replaced by more modern versions like the Bigstone C300S. Probably, other Bigstone LCDs would be compatible.

You can buy a controller with an LCD for around £30, which will be cheaper than a C300 replacement, though you might have to do some wiring to fit it. It's possible that the LCD from one of those cheap sets might work as long as you check that it has the right connector and the wires in the right sequence in the connector.

Aders

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2020
It's a standard Bigstone C300 that used to be fitted to many different bikes including the Oxygen E-mate from around 2012. It's been replaced by more modern versions like the Bigstone C300S. Probably, other Bigstone LCDs would be compatible.

You can buy a controller with an LCD for around £30, which will be cheaper than a C300 replacement, though you might have to do some wiring to fit it. It's possible that the LCD from one of those cheap sets might work as long as you check that it has the right connector and the wires in the right sequence in the connector.

Aders

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Thank you so much for your help. That's been the most information I've managed to get from anyone so far. I've contacted Bigstone to see where I can get a C300 from. I would rather just plug and go if I can, as wiring up a different one would be difficult for me. I'll wait to see what happens!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thank you so much for your help. That's been the most information I've managed to get from anyone so far. I've contacted Bigstone to see where I can get a C300 from. I would rather just plug and go if I can, as wiring up a different one would be difficult for me. I'll wait to see what happens!

Reactions: Aders