Headlight upgrade

Cyberdoggie

Just Joined
May 9, 2017
san francisco, ca
I have the Focus Aventura Speed bike I purchased Oct 2016. It came with the Lumotec IQ CYO 42VDC LED. I asked the Lumotec support what upgrade options were available (brighter/wider field of view) and they responsed "The amperage which is available for the lighting and how many volt are available at the connection to the light." So wouldn't the voltage be 42 Volts since the old one has that written on the side? What about Amperage? Any ideas there?

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

• Agree
Reactions: awol

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
This is one point where I disagree with d8veh, the IQ CYO is perfect for use on the road (I ride on unlit main roads in the countryside), depending on which one you have, I have the 70 lux one with the daytime running LEDs on the bottom. I find it lights the road just fine without blinding oncoming trafic so they dip their lights long before they see me. I have a 40 lux battery powered b+m light as well and even with that I feel safe at 50+ km/h downhill, the beam shape and spread is perfect.

If you want something legal and more powerful grab your credit card, take a deep breath and look at the supernova M99.

I broke my IQ CYO (expensive mistake) so I am going to replace it with the IQ-X when it becomes available on bike-discount.de

If you are off road grab the light d8veh recommends.

Advertisers