Hello all does anyone know we're to buy a Bosch motor bike frame ?

Terry charlesworth

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2016
London
hello all just a few questions I built my first electric bike 2 years ago and I'm amazed how far they've come on now I've still got my specialized build but I've gone out on a limb to buy my missis a bike to keep up with me now I've got her the bike she doesn't like it, so I've decided to take the Bosch motor off her bike and build myself a upgrade does anyone know a reputable dealer who sells frames there's one on eBay but I've asked the guy for proof of purchase and he come back with some rubbish story and I'm not gonna spend all this money to at a later date find out its nicked, also does anyone know if all Bosch motor fixing brackets are always in the same place were the motor fixes to the frame thanks for your time
Terry

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will not get a frame from any dealer so that option is a no go if i could id buy the frame motor and batt and add the rest my self but its not going to happen.

all gen 2 motor mounts are the same but what bike was it on and what do you want to upgrade?

do you have a link to the add as cant see it ebike shop had some stolen not long ago.

Last edited:

Terry charlesworth

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2016
London
It's a woman's Raleigh bike but the frame is xl and my missis is tiny it was my fault really buying it off a friend without asking her lol but I want to put it onto a mans frame nothing to pricey I may buy the one off eBay and do a custom spray job as the frames had a bashing the guys in Bulgaria but he's willing to post The woman's bikes got a 500w Bosch battery and a 350w Bosch motor I'm not sure what gen that is tbh as I'm new to this Bosch stuff look forward to it mountain sport I'll be the guy not peddling smoking a electric cig

Terry charlesworth

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2016
London
I brought the bike of a friends missis after a good few beers in the pub tbh I thought the idea was growing on her but women a Lol I'm sure she only don't want it so she can keep calling me lazy ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will be gen 2 then so will fit the frame but if the frame is cheap id buy it as not really any other option tbh to get one over here.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
even the new cx motor will fit the frame mounts on the frames just might look a bit weird if like in the vid you have a flap cover over the bottom of the motor on the new frame if it had a cx motor on it.

can you post a link to what frame it is?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
frame looks ok to me tbh but you can get the bits you will need from here.

https://www.adrenalinatv.co.uk/haibikes/components/

the cable frame inlet covers are 8.99 each and the bottom plastic flap for the motor are 25 quid but not on there page yet.

if you need anything else then they can get it.

Reactions: Terry charlesworth

Terry charlesworth

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2016
London
Thanks a lot mate the only thing I'm worried about is the front forks tbh I've never done them from scratch and I don't think that frame has any caps or them ball bearing rings are they universal or are haibike different ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Terry charlesworth

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2016
London
Thanks mate your a great help,£50 is a bit rich for me tbh for the headset but I'll do a bit of investigation and find out if a normal set will fit it and get it a bit cheaper, thanks for the offer but I've got 2 stems and like u I prefer the flat ones thanks for all your help though mate really appreciate it your a gentleman, I'm gonna sort this spray job out first then do one job at a time ;) otherwise I'll loose interest lol

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
mine has a fsa head set its just bearings so its just getting the right size to fit.

think mine must be in the 20 quid range so should not cost much when you find the right ones :)

Reactions: LeighPing

Advertisers