Hello all.

Wilko

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2018
Leicester UK
I have just joined. I have had a Kalkhof Endeavour BS10 Since Oct 2014. I have had so much fun on it, using it for a 12 mile commute 2 or 3 days a week arriving at work with a smile on my face !
But my favourite is going out sunday morning and catching up with the lycra brigade, gliding past them up hill.

Only had 3 problems :
  • The handlebar switch for power level and to change the information screen went faulty, 50 cycles posted out a replacement straightaway.
  • The chain jumped off and jammed between the motor housing and chain ring.Very difficult to free. However only happened once.
  • Bust the rear rim, suspect too much load in the panniers and me and bumping down a kerb.
I am very interested in following the speed pedelec legal debate and how to register.

However I joined the forum because the bike has just gone wrong and left me stranded with a 10 mile non powered pedal home ! (Good for calorie burning !)

The bike is not giving any assistance. Here are some details :

• The Bosch display looks normal except there is no speed display.
  • The battery is fully charged (shows all leds when on the charger).
  • On the bike it shows one battery led.
  • The display shows only 3 bars (this is probably the status when everything last worked)
  • If I press and hold the battery button whilst on the bike, when I release it all leds light up.
  • The handle bar switch will change the power assist and information on the screen.
  • The lights do not switch on from the display screen.
  • I have charged the display unit using the USB port overnight.
  • I have cleaned all the contacts with electrical contact cleaner and put a little vaseline on.
Has anyone any suggestions on next steps ?

Would this be better on a different thread ?

Paul.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the only thing left is to clean the contacts on the motor and check there also not loose.

you need to take of the left side cover to get to them.

next would be to try a new display and batt if possible to rule them out.

Wilko

Oct 2, 2018
Leicester UK
bosch lhs.jpg

Thankyou for the quick response.
  • Do I have to remove the crank ?
  • There looks to be two covers, upper and lower, do both need to come of ?
  • Is there a gasket or seal there I need to be aware of ?
Paul

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
sorry i thought it was a gen 2 motor as thats gen 1 so not sure what side you need to remove.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• Dislike
Reactions: John Barnes

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome

Hope you get your issues sorted soon

Wilko

Oct 2, 2018
Leicester UK
Update :

I have observed that when the battery is off the bike and I press the button all leds light up when I mount the battery on the bike they gradually (over 10 or 20 mins) step down to just one led. T%he display screen can be on or off the bike the same thing happens.