Hello all

Banksy

Just Joined
Oct 25, 2019
Lymm
Hello all
I’m new to E-Bikes and looking for my first E-Bike and some advice.
I recently suffered heart disease and have an ongoing heart problem I take tablets for life now.
It’s called Dilated Cardiomyopathy
As far as life goes-I carry on as normal as I can but with a mind to not pushing my heart rate too high.
I’m fine riding a bike normally,on the flat,downhill etc.
It’s just when it comes to hills and high energy I need to be careful, which is where an ebike comes in-I tried one and I could go up hills etc effortlessly.
What I’m looking for is something I can ride on a trail (muddy,gravel etc) and on the road-I’d like the option of ‘extra power’ on tap (Ex motorcyclist too!) I believe the legal limit is 18mph?
I’m 6’3” 50 years old and 17 stone so need something a bit sturdy I guess !
I didn’t just want to go to Halfords and buy an off the shelf piece of crap

cheers in advance
Banksy

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Legal limit is 15.5mph (25kph) assisted speed ... as fast as you can go but the motor shouldn't help above that speed. Also nominal 250w for the motor; most ready made e-bikes sold in UK will meet those, but many kits are (nominally) more powerful.

People rate the Halfords Crossfuse quite highly ... avoid the Crossfire. Woosh is a reliable assembler of good value bikes (http://wooshbikes.co.uk/); he'll give good advice on what to buy, and good service afterwards.

Almost all ebikes have pretty much all parts manufactured in the far east. Many are assembled here or in Germany/Spain, especially since anti-dumping tax on imported complete bikes from China. Woosh uses pretty standard quality parts which will make replacement easier/cheaper if you have any issues in a few years. Lots of better quality bikes use the Bosch system, but new batteries and any work needed on the motor come pretty expensive.

Reactions: Banksy