Hello all.

p4uly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 25, 2021
Hope all of you are well.
So early sixties, pushing 15 stone thanks mainly to the lockdowns and two knackered knees.
After a bit of reading the last few weeks I am ready for pulling the trigger on a Bafang BBSO2B 36v 500w mid drive kit. I have been messaging Greenergy on AliExpress all week and if their replies had answered my questions I would have probably bought by now. Why Greenergy, I believe they have a UK warehouse, so hoping all items delivered in a week or so.
Not certain if I should be starting a new thread or not but anyways, I can get the full kit above with a 36v 19.2ah battery for £572 or the kit without a battery for £353, then get a Yose Power 36v 15ah for £218 from Ebay. So no big saving. Opinions please on Yose Power batteries, I believe they have a warehouse in the Midlands so hopefully any problems they will honour the 18 month warranty. The larger 19.2ah battery is tempting but will they be Samsung cells as advertised and regarding any warranty, well China.
Thanks for reading.

p4uly

Jul 25, 2021
Looking like my battery option is all but sorted. Had a message from Greenergy saying that the 19.2ah battery will not be available until October. Same price though, the battery in stock is a 15.6ah.
Would still appreciate your opinions on the Yose Power.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It looks as if you have done your homework and so are probably aware of the legal aspects.

Just in case: any motor nominally over 250w is illegal to use on road (except with insurance, registration, ...), and illegal to use off road in any public place (eg bridleway, cycle path). Theoretical risk of breaking these rules includes charges such as driving without insurance etc, and points on your driving license.

The risk of being caught is very low, and the risk of anything actually being done about it even lower. Almost zero risk unless you are involved in an accident.

~~~
I don't know if that comes with torque or cadence sensor. If you have knackered knees a cadence sensor may be more suitable, as it will provide power as long as you are rotating the pedals. You can 'ghost' pedal keeping turning but with zero pressure; your knees may appreciate that as you get near the end of a ride.

p4uly

Jul 25, 2021
Thanks for taking the time sjpt.
Yes mate I am aware of speed limits etc. I have a Yamaha XT6 and a 125 trial bike in the garage for speed.
I maybe should have mentioned the kit is for a Cube Aim CMPT which I have owned for around 8 years. To be used on cycle paths and tarmac only.
The idea of the motorised set up is purely for health reasons. The last half decent run out I had was nearly 2 years ago, around 15 miles and then spent the following week hobbling around. Only short runs since then.
Any opinions on Yose Power sjpt ?