Hello Everyone from sunny Bacup

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
Good Morning all, just wanted to introduce myself, I am Steve from near Rochdale, UK.

I have been into using Lithium Ion 18650 batteriesfor projects for a few years now and decided that for the commute to work i would build myself an Ebike(Pedelec).

i used a VoilaMart Kit and built my own battery packs, i have found that the learning i have done so far has been immense and i know i have lots more to learn about(this is where my first post comes in).

the bike is a dual suspension MTB and was very straightforward to build, apart from the frame not having an A-Frame style so i have nowhere to put the batteries, i got around this by putting the battery pack and controller in a rucksack slung over the center bar hanging either side so the packs gave even weight distribution.

other than this tending to move about a little bit it all worked fine but i have designed a housing that i am having made so that i can fit between 60-100 Ah 48-64V battery and a centre console with all the devices i need to monitor the cells so i dont have unbalanced cells and see the Amerage thats being used at any given time, with the added benefit of a 12v/5v charger.

i will add some photos later as i currently have it in bits due to the yellow phase wire working a bit loose and getting very hot, touching the Lamp light connector earth and shorting out, this means some intense learning on the controller and hub motor to see why my green hall sensor is showing a constant 2.25v but that is going to be a thread in the help section so that my experience may help others diagnose similar faults.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome

Hope you get your slight issue sorted soon :)