Hello from a new E Bike owner!

Poolepete

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2018
Poole
Hi, I bought my first pedelec this time last month and love it.

I am 48 years old, but plagued by back problems and arthritis (hip replacement six years ago).

My last bike was a Specialized Sirrus Elite hybrid which I enjoyed, but my body did not. It was ending up in the garage and not being used. I decided that a sit up and beg job would be better suited for my back and I was intrigued by the idea of these E Bike things...

A lot of internet research later, I was drawn to the Raleigh Motus Grand Tour Crossbar. Went to the Raleigh dealer in Poole for a test ride and was instantly hooked. The bike was like riding a Bentley compared to my Sirrus, and quick too! An effortless 35 miles per hour down the hills of Poole had me very surprised, but going back up them even more so! The excellent chap at the Poole Raleigh Centre suggested I go for the step through, bearing in mind my hips and back. I am very glad I did, despite initial reservations.

I love the bike, have done 200 miles in a month and thought I had better join this forum as I have been reading the threads for a little while now.

So, hello and I hope I have not bored you all to tears!

onthe-edge

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2018
portsmouth
Poole Raleigh Centre suggested I go for the step through, bearing in mind my hips and back. I am very glad I did,
Hi Pete, we're both newcomers and have both had our bikes about the same time so welcome along.
I really enjoy everything about my bike, the only thing I would change maybe would be to have a step-through, when I have the pannier bag on the rear rack it's hard for me to get my leg over . (story of my life)

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Thank you! I am loving the bike, and the exercise! Not having to fill the car up for ages is also a bonus.
You offset the bike against fuel it’s all a bonus the bike will end up free if all goes well
At least that’s what I tell my wife :)

Reactions: Poolepete

Poolepete

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2018
Poole
You offset the bike against fuel it’s all a bonus the bike will end up free if all goes well
At least that’s what I tell my wife :)
I told mine that it was way better value than her under used gym membership. I was a fair distance away from her when I said that though!

• :D
Reactions: Fat Rat