Hello from Berkshire

DodgyTicker

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2020
Hello all,

The time has come, dodgy ticker, hence the name, means I really cannot push the pedals like I used to.

It is yet to arrive but I'm awaiting delivery of a Bafang mid drive kit.

I have to say I'm more than excited about this, like my inner 12 year old getting my first 5 speed racer, all those years ago, excited.

I've been doing a lot of background reading but have a few queries which i'll post in new threads.

Thanks for letting me join.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Join the club... I already had my Haibike when timing went on my heart. Mine now varies between 210 bpm and 30 for no apparent reason.. But the ebike has kept me out. Irrespective of what heart is doing or amounts of drugs (prescribed) I, ve taken I can get out and pedal. I, d manage about 2 miles on ordinary... Do between 14 and 28 (off road) on emtb.
I think your Bafang is very very similar to the Tongshen I put on daughters Cube. Brilliant. Easy match for my Haibike and it's quieter. (a lot newer tho) Done 4000 miles plus now, get about 30 mile range on 400 wh battery...
Best thing I ever bought. Good luck..

Reactions: DodgyTicker
D

Deleted member 33385

Hello all,

The time has come, dodgy ticker, hence the name, means I really cannot push the pedals like I used to.

It is yet to arrive but I'm awaiting delivery of a Bafang mid drive kit.

I have to say I'm more than excited about this, like my inner 12 year old getting my first 5 speed racer, all those years ago, excited.

I've been doing a lot of background reading but have a few queries which i'll post in new threads.

Thanks for letting me join.
This forum is great! Lots of people who know about Bafangs and many other types of ebike kits and ebikes in general. Make sure you empty each of the bags which components arrive within, into different trays or bowls. I's so easy to lose a vital tiny part and a real headache to get replacements. I found that the trouble with cycling when older, is that in order to get stronger, you need physical challenges which you can reasonably overcome. You have to be capable of getting over the hump and where I live, it's all impossible (for me at least) hills! I also live on the side of a hill... easy to escape, impossible to return home. So I added a Befang BBS01b kit to my beloved but ancient Dahon folder, and with a little adjustment, I can now tackle any incline around here, with almost no effort at all.

DodgyTicker

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2020
Join the club... I already had my Haibike when timing went on my heart. Mine now varies between 210 bpm and 30 for no apparent reason.. But the ebike has kept me out. Irrespective of what heart is doing or amounts of drugs (prescribed) I, ve taken I can get out and pedal. I, d manage about 2 miles on ordinary... Do between 14 and 28 (off road) on emtb.
I think your Bafang is very very similar to the Tongshen I put on daughters Cube. Brilliant. Easy match for my Haibike and it's quieter. (a lot newer tho) Done 4000 miles plus now, get about 30 mile range on 400 wh battery...
Best thing I ever bought. Good luck..
Yes, it is the drugs! I'm on an elephant tranquilising dose of beta blockers along with a very toxic anti-arrhythmic.

My heart problems are electrical rather than plumbing. I've got an Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) which, since 2013 has saved my life six times now. It also doubles as a pacemaker and I'm 100% paced.... an electric assisted human and an electric assisted bike, perfect.

DodgyTicker

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2020
This forum is great! Lots of people who know about Bafangs and many other types of ebike kits and ebikes in general. Make sure you empty each of the bags which components arrive within, into different trays or bowls. I's so easy to lose a vital tiny part and a real headache to get replacements. I found that the trouble with cycling when older, is that in order to get stronger, you need physical challenges which you can reasonably overcome. You have to be capable of getting over the hump and where I live, it's all impossible (for me at least) hills! I also live on the side of a hill... easy to escape, impossible to return home. So I added a Befang BBS01b kit to my beloved but ancient Dahon folder, and with a little adjustment, I can now tackle any incline around here, with almost no effort at all.
Good to hear, I'm only 50 years young. I look forward to thoroughly testing it out and will report back.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Yes, it is the drugs! I'm on an elephant tranquilising dose of beta blockers along with a very toxic anti-arrhythmic.

My heart problems are electrical rather than plumbing. I've got an Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) which, since 2013 has saved my life six times now. It also doubles as a pacemaker and I'm 100% paced.... an electric assisted human and an electric assisted bike, perfect.
That's same drugs as me.. Made me feel absolutely worn out for 6 months or so... OK now... Good luck...