Hello from Dorset. Advice on must haves.

mmmuscat

Just Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Hello, I have just purchased my first e bike. It’s a BH rebel 27.5 lite, I paid £1450 marked as secondhand after doing 20 miles. What do you think of this deal?

Anyway. I’m new to this as well as the mountain bike world. (Have been racing motorbikes and cars for 9 years.)

I would love to know what you think are the must have accessories to be looking for now I’ve got my new toy. E.g. helmet, bike lock, tools, oil?
Anything you guys can think off that you use all the time, any decent brands etc
I need to purchase lights and all the rest of it so any help would be very gratefully received!
Regards Musc

Attachments

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Greetings

Handy its got mudguards fitted already. As for other accessories - Good quality metal dinger bell! suspension seat post, and stretchy padded shorts. Also I found handy were handlebar bar ends like these to protect hands from close scrapes with walls, lamp posts etc.

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Suntour NCX suspension seatpost for when all the weight of the bike, battery & motor hit potholes.
3M clear protection tape for areas where stone chips might occur.
Slime puncture protection in the inner tubes.
Enjoy it!

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Quad lock phone holder
Spd pedals
Rear light / alarm that fits under the saddle
Waterproof trousers from decathlon
Zefal helmet mirror
D lock from aliexpress. Lock holder from Aldi
Aliexpress light powered from bike battery
Measure spoke nipple then buy a top quality spoke key. Grease all the spoke threads and retension
Decathlon £5 bike bell, ring-ring type
Halfords sell a down tube crud catcher that will protect battery & motor from front wheel detritus

+1 on the ncx seat post, it’s spooky how close they get to a full suspension ride quality

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi
What type of cycling are you going to be doing
EDC
For me a multi tool
Tyre levers
A compact pump
Spare tube
And spare chain is all I have ever needed

Lights etc depends again on what you will be doing with the bike and your budget

Last edited:
Reactions: thirteen

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Another shout out for the Suntour suspension seat post, best 50 quid upgrade for pretty much any bike other than full suspension

• Agree
Reactions: Laser Man

mmmuscat

Just Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Awesome guys thank you, il get on a big shop when I get chance. Cheers for all the help, keep any other items you can think off coming! :)
Regards Musc

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Trails map of Puddletown forrest

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Personally I'm not a fan of those mudguard either

Mudhuggers look better and perform better IMHO . Even just a rear one plus an enduro style on the front

Also check planet x website . They often have amazing deals on kit. Their compact multi tool even has a chain breaker and costs peanuts. Their enduro helmets are good too

thirteen

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
West Sussex
Hi
What type of cycling are you going to be doing
EDC
For me a multi tool
Tyre levers
A compact pump
Spare tube
And spare chain is all I have ever needed

Lights etc depends again on what you will be doing with the bike and your budget
Yep, depends upon what you are doing.

For me, the only must-have is a decent U-lock that can lock two bicycles up, for when Mrs 13 and I stop for a decent coffee. :)

Reactions: Fat Rat