Hello from Manchester

orcomma

Just Joined
Aug 16, 2018
Greetings!

I'm a new e-bike owner, having bought the B-Twin folding 500E ("Tilt") recently to become my new commuting machine. Love it, great bike - seems really well built, although the folding mechanism is a dinosaur compared to a Brompton. Hopefully will get some fresh air and also cut down on commute costs, whilst avoiding the worsening traffic situation we have here.

Some fun facts:
  1. My commute is only 4 miles each way, so plenty enough for a battery charge a day
  2. Not new to cycling for leisure, but very much new to cycling for a commute, as well as an e-bike!
  3. I live in a flat so an electric car isn't an option unless I run an extension lead out the window and down several floors (in terms of eco-transport)
  4. All my cycling friends are anti-e-bike (all of them, 100% against) but I have converted at least half having let them have a try of my little folding Tilt. It really is a case of an undeservedly bad reputation!
Anyway the first question I'll be asking - in the right area, is if anyone knows how I can up the max speed!

Other than that, hello and thanks for having me!

James