Hello I need a little help please.

OLMECA

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 26, 2017
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Hi I have a problem with my new Yorker e-bike, I was riding one day when all of a sudden the led lights to my battery gauge that's mounted on the right side of the handle bar just suddenly turned off, now in the past this had happened to me before when I unknowingly kicked the key to the ignition with the back of my heel which completely turned the bike off, pedaling was tough after be used to the pedal assist and I realized the bike was dead because the led lights to the battery gauge was off, after realizing what just happened I quickly turned the key back on and on I went. But this time was different because after noticing the led lights were off, the bike was still on, this happened a few days ago and I've been riding the bike like this since. I attached a picture to show you what device is no longer functioning. The bike still rides perfectly I just can no longer know how much battery life I have. Would you happen know what the problem might be!?

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

That thing is just a simple battery gauge. There's an extra wire in the throttle cable that connects to a wire from the controller, which is a branch off the live battery line.

There's a few reasons it might not be working, but most likely the wire is broken somewhere or a problem with the connection at the controller.

If cut-outs is a frequent problem, have a good look at the ignition switch and its solder joints.

Reactions: OLMECA

Advertisers