Hello

grecoa

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2018
Hi everyone, found your forum and it looks like the place to be if interested in electric bikes so I've just registered.
My background is having started my career many years ago as an auto electrician, then by a twist of circumstances ending up in the IT business. Now having taken early retirement following an unplanned trip in an ambulance, I fill my time by trying to keep fit and building/renovating things like old motorbikes.
So, having bought my wife a Raleigh Modus, and my interest in old motorised bicycles I decided I'd have a bash at converting my own bike to electric... So here I am hoping to be able to learn something new.

Reactions: E-Wheels and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Grecoa, I hope your conversion goes well and you're soon e-biking too.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Welcome grecoa,
I’m sure you will enjoy this site being a tinkerer, I am same having 4 twist & go ice scoots plus my 1952 Sunbeam S8 - all but one 80cc scoot are road worthy - have to replace engine on that one: bought my first Powabyke in 2006, havent ridden it much as wifey didn’t get on with hers, just three weeks ago I grabbed a bargain from fleabay - a 2011 Batribike Quartz leccy folder, one owner and as new, weather at pres not conducive to riding but very much looking forward to it, just found a Batribike Trike on fleabay which I hope will be ideal for wifey at 84 but I’ll stick with my ice bikes for tinkering.

Enjoy your new pastime/hobby.

Jim

grecoa

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2018
Welcome grecoa,
I’m sure you will enjoy this site being a tinkerer, I am same having 4 twist & go ice scoots plus my 1952 Sunbeam S8 - all but one 80cc scoot are road worthy - have to replace engine on that one: bought my first Powabyke in 2006, havent ridden it much as wifey didn’t get on with hers, just three weeks ago I grabbed a bargain from fleabay - a 2011 Batribike Quartz leccy folder, one owner and as new, weather at pres not conducive to riding but very much looking forward to it, just found a Batribike Trike on fleabay which I hope will be ideal for wifey at 84 but I’ll stick with my ice bikes for tinkering.

Enjoy your new pastime/hobby.

Jim
Sounds brilliant Jimo
Yes it's shame about the weather but thats good old UK for you.
Hats off to your lady wife, long may she keep at it, fantastic! :)

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Ho Ho,
I’ve just won the fleabay auction for my Batribike Trike20, now, having paid for it through pay-pal I’m having trouble contacting the seller, I’ve written him through e-bay but not received any further comunication which worries me.
I’ve been checking through ebay help messages and found one saying that my purchase would be delivered by 14 December, but its got to travel some 190 miles to do that but I don’t seem able to make contact with the seller!
Will I get it in time for Christmas? Pigs do fly you know.....

Jim

Reactions: grecoa

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Ho Ho, ar ar ar
Well I’m right in it! Fleabay & Paypal have taken my money — and sent it to the wrong recipient, I opened a case with the latter (who of course didn’t admit to wrongdoing) and resolution could take up to ten days, meanwhile I’m left feeding the flying pigs!

What a long winded business it was just trying to contact Paypal through their not easily found freephone number 0800 358 7911 then to get really excited one was connected to an infuriating and difficult to loose automaton......but with persistence one eventually got connected to a human person.

Jim

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc