Hello

satcat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 30, 2021
I've just converted my 11 year old Marin mountain bike with a 250w 36v Bafang kit. I am waiting for a programming cable to arrive and will be making some minor adjustments. Mainly upping the speed limits (%),
I will probably have a few questions, but can I start by asking if anyone can tell me the difference between assist levels 0 - 3 and UBE?
Thanks

satcat

Aug 30, 2021
Taken from the C965 display manual:-

8.4 Range of assist level settings
The ‘PAS’ symbol is displayed. You can choose the range of power assist levels, the default is UBE. Press the UP or DOWN buttons to change the value to 0-3, 0-5, 0-9 or UBE.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Ok, had to look that up, it's user defined values, but not sure how it applies to the PAS. Looks like it maybe gives you 6 levels of pedal assist? 3 levels should give you 33, 66 and 100% power in the PAS as standard, but these values can be changed with your programming cable. 5 will give you a nice spread of power, 9 is just too many. I've run my BBS with no display for years, so i've forgotten all about settings.

satcat

Aug 30, 2021
Thanks for reply Wheeliepete. UBE gives me 3 settings just the same a 0-3 does. They seem to be the same. I just wonder whether the difference is after altering the speed limits(%) it will only alter the 0-3 but not the UBE .
Just guessing.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
You should feel a power difference between 1 and 3, but you will have to wait for your cable to view the settings properly. Some sellers power down these drives, so they often need a tweek to get the best out of them. When you've got your cable start a post titled something like "Bafang BBS01 settings" and others will be able to give you some tips, or try the search on here at the top of page.

satcat

Aug 30, 2021
I was wrong. "0-3" and "UBE" seem to be the same. If that true why is there 2 settings that do the same thing?
Unless someone can tell me different,