Help/advice please, Raleigh impulse testrad (Kalkoff?)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
sorry but this will just turn in to a money pit given the motor get rid asap as near every impulse motor fails after not very long then ur 1k plus down for a bike that even with the new motor will fail again.

you could be lucky but id not bet any sort of money on it given the fail rate of the motors.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
The price for an 11ah battery used to be £395 and the charger £155 (or there abouts). I expect these won’t have changed much. I may be able to source a used battery / charger if you are interested, once you have established if the motor etc are in working order.

silversurfer

Pedelecer
Jun 15, 2007
Hi Jonah, thanks for your offer.I will try to get the bike to a local dealer in next week or so, probably after Christmas. A used battery/charger at a reasonable price would be a good compromise. I thought the battery would be expensive, but almost £400 +£150 ish for a charger would be a bridge too far? The Derby supplier has replied, it has a mk 1 motor. This makes the bike 2013/4, all be it new. Another hickup...my wife says it may be too tall for her! (28! wheels) she can just manage my 26" torqu. See what the test brings. best wishes for christmas, silversurfer

silversurfer

Pedelecer
Jun 15, 2007
Hi Jonah, big hickup ! after the wife did a proper pedal around test, even with the seat spring stem removed it is too tall for her. So, rather than chase around finding a friendly dealer I am going to put the bike on ebay after Christmas, if you have a lead to a S/H battery/charger I could add a link to it in my add. Pity, it is certainly a quality piece of kit, thanks for everybody's input on this thread. silversurfer