Help. Bike Stolen

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My bike has just been nicked. Unbelievable.. Was cleaning the mud off and went in to get a bucket of water and a car pulled up and a hand out of the window grabbed the bike and away they drove. I gave chase as its a bit obvious but could see where they went.
So looking for a Scott e-genius 920 without battery or charger. serial number GL571437
any help apreciated..

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
My bike has just been nicked. Unbelievable.. Was cleaning the mud off and went in to get a bucket of water and a car pulled up and a hand out of the window grabbed the bike and away they drove. I gave chase as its a bit obvious but could see where they went.
So looking for a Scott e-genius 920 without battery or charger. serial number GL571437
any help apreciated..
Oh crikey Phil , that's awful!

Did you get the number plate ?

Might it be worth driving around local area ? If they thought you got number plate and reported it they might have dumped it ?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Got a reg number but police say its not registered.waiting for them to attend. there were 4 men in the car and bike was literally being held by an arm out of a window.. drove around locally but cant see it.
scott.jpg

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
hope you had it on insurance as bikes dont tend to come back but sounds like they have been watching you on it and might have been stolen to order?

anything on cctv might help plod find them faster but with out batt or charger will make it a hard sell to anyone interested in it as a hole bike.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
hope you had it on insurance as bikes dont tend to come back but sounds like they have been watching you on it and might have been stolen to order?

anything on cctv might help plod find them faster but with out batt or charger will make it a hard sell to anyone interested in it as a hole bike.
It's on house insurance so let's see..

Reactions: soundwave

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
The sheer audacity and brass neck of some people is unbelievable. To take away somebody else's hard earned is just so low, be sure they ultimately won't enjoy it. Do we have to bolt everything down, all the time?:mad:
Comiserations Phill.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
:eek: :(:mad: Sorry Phill
Stupid landlords, it's got very little value to them and a goodly number of eyes looking for it even in the south.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Now the car boot season is over you stand a better chance of it turning up on gumtree or ebay

And to add, though I'm very glad to hear insured, truly feel for you. We make our steeds our own and you'd feel the loss if replaced tomorrow with a stock one

Last edited:

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
That,s a gutter mate..when i come back from a ride..i leave mine in the porch while i go inside for cleaning stuff..water..etc....it,s outside by it,s self for about 20-30 seconds or so..i,ve often though about ..what if some c""t pulls up in a car ..i live next to main road...i hopes you gets it back mate or the fuckers get busted for it...im gonna be extra careful from now on.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Sorry to hear that Phill. :(

The worrying thing is, that they might well return again when you have replaced the bike. :(

It sounds like an opportunist theft, but out of interest did you have your Strava settings set to home exclusion?

Joking with the following.. If you stay up late tonight, you might well find that they return to give back the lights and mudguards.

Last edited:

Will Tinker

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
Definitely going to think more about locks for mine (and make sure it's covered by insurance).

I'll keep an eye out online to see if any ads crop up.

Phill, that is so terrible to read.
I imagine it's left you feeling sick to the stomach.
All eyes peeled, crossing everything that it turns up.
The thieving sh*ts! Scrum of the earth these type of people.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sorry to hear that Phill. :(

The worrying thing is, that they might well return again when you have replaced the bike. :(

It sounds like an opportunist theft, but out of interest did you have your Strava settings set to home exclusion?

Joking with the following.. If you stay up late tonight, you might well find that they return to give back the lights and mudguards.
Yes have exclusions set in strava but it's only a circle that's missing..
Who would have though to steal a bike that way.. an arm out of the back window holding it by the saddle as you drive away at speed with the bike dangling ..

• Agree
Reactions: brightonebikes

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
thats how they rob them to order round here i doubt it was a random one off and id be on guard as might be back in the next few days if they also clocked the race bike.

as a complete bike its hot to handle so look on gumtree or trade it in the local area for the forks wheels motor ect you never know.

my m8 had his stolen from out side the job centre and managed to find it out side a local shop and got it back - £600 quids worth of parts missing.

Yes have exclusions set in strava but it's only a circle that's missing..
Who would have though to steal a bike that way.. an arm out of the back window holding it by the saddle as you drive away at speed with the bike dangling ..
I totally agree, it's a new tactic on me. It's times like that when you need a Police car coming the other direction. That said they mightn't notice, think it's your mates messing or simply be too busy on their way somewhere.
Thoughts are with you. This is worse than losing a distant relative who you'd never met. :(

Reactions: Gubbins

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
any help apreciated..
Enter it in our Stolen Bikes forum as well Phill, so there's a quickly checkable record.

This is the link

• Agree
Reactions: Fordulike

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Phil the most important is that they didn't knock you off it to steal it! You are OK and your bike can be replaced.

I am living on my nerves at the moment because the first floor apartment is being decorated and the stairway door is wide open all day with my bike visible from the street... Luckily my neighbour has his Russian made FS MTB hiding most of it.