HELP BRAKES KALKOFF PRO CONNECT

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
Well that didn't work the way I wanted it to!
Either way just noticed the brakes pads are much more worn than I thought. I needed the bike for Monday and would prefer the brakes pads replaced.
1st anyone know name these brakes are so I can get a downloaded instruction book for adjustment. Prefer to not mess about working it out.
2nd any chance my local bike shop will have these pads in?
Thank you

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Well that didn't work the way I wanted it to!
Either way just noticed the brakes pads are much more worn than I thought. I needed the bike for Monday and would prefer the brakes pads replaced.
1st anyone know name these brakes are so I can get a downloaded instruction book for adjustment. Prefer to not mess about working it out.
Thank you
Speaking only for myself, the pictures are so badly made I cannot make out anything useful at all. I hope someone else has better luck.
regards
Andy

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thank you
Kalkhoffs that I've known have used unbranded generic V brakes, so there's no specific handbook.

Instead use a You Tube video, this one explains how V brakes work and how to adjust them.

It's very likely your local bike shop will have pads to suit.

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
Kalkhoffs that I've known have used unbranded generic V brakes, so there's no specific handbook.

Instead use a You Tube video, this one explains how V brakes work and how to adjust them.

It's very likely your local bike shop will have pads to suit.
Not v brakes nothing like

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I can't tell what you have from these dark photos, but they could be Magura Hydraulics as said above. The logo looks like it.

If so try this video

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
Got there at last. Just need to put in the right words into Google.
Magura hs11 or hss33. Same pads either way. And plenty of YouTube videos.
Thank you flecc and wheeliepete

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
They are Magura brakes. I fitted them to my Pro Connect. They are ok, but suffer the usual rim brake niggles.