Help! Help Broken Bosch part

pdta2you

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2020
Porto, Portugal
Hello to all
Thank you for beeing part of this forum.
Im from Oporto, Portugal, and bikes fan: Road and BTT.
My wife ebike with bosch engine has started with a stange noise and the assistance bike shop has found a broken part (I dont know how to call it), and has it off warranty, Bosch tell me that does not provide parts. Is there anyone who can assist me ?
Attached send pictures of the broken piece.
I would appreciate very much all the help you can provide. CHEERS to all and be safe !
Paulo3633136332

Attachments

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hello to all
Thank you for beeing part of this forum.
Im from Oporto, Portugal, and bikes fan: Road and BTT.
My wife ebike with bosch engine has started with a stange noise and the assistance bike shop has found a broken part (I dont know how to call it), and has it off warranty, Bosch tell me that does not provide parts. Is there anyone who can assist me ?
Attached send pictures of the broken piece.
I would appreciate very much all the help you can provide. CHEERS to all and be safe !
PauloView attachment 36331View attachment 36332
How sad that another Bosch owner is left completely unsupported by Bosch!
How many more times must we hear this before Bosch starts giving customers proper service, once the guarantee has run out, supplying spare parts for example.
Sadly, you will probably, have to get your motor sent back to Bosch, for repair/replacement, which someone here recently stated, that it would cost him 800 UK Pounds, without transport costs, if I remember correctly.
Someone please correct the price in I have remembered it incorrectly, perhaps with a link to the original comment.
Converting today on the Internet, makes that around 97,752 Escudos I believe.
Thanks in advance.
Andy

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Is there anyone who can assist me ?
Get in touch with Pete at Performance Bearings, he may be able to supply a good secondhand part for you.

pdta2you

Jun 22, 2020
Porto, Portugal
Thank you for your understanding.
800£ = 882€ ...Portugal does not use escudos anymore, since euro come allong :) .
Im waiting for Bosch pricing for an eventual new engine, and Im already in contact with Peter, for a solution. By the way, how do you call the broken part ? Thank you and be safe !

pdta2you

Jun 22, 2020
Porto, Portugal
Get in touch with Pete at Performance Bearings, he may be able to supply a good secondhand part for you.
Thank you. Im already in contact with Pete, to find a solution. Cheers !

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
By the way, how do you call the broken part ?
To me it looks like it could be the torque sensing unit with the nylon final drive gear on the end.

pdta2you

Jun 22, 2020
Porto, Portugal
To me it looks like it could be the torque sensing unit with the nylon final drive gear on the end.
Thank you Neal. As far as I have seen around several foruns, it is usual to have a broken plastic wheell ( the big one white). In my case, is the black plastic pieces at the top...