Help for first e bike

Vitor Herold

Just Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Hi there, I'm new to the forum, and also to e-bikes in general.

I just need some help to find a good value e-bike below 1500, that is going to be used mainly for uber eats in London.
I should ride it in the parks from time to time.
So I will need good autonomy, and being light is a plus.
Don't need anything too complex though, as long as it won't let me down, or start showing problems.

I'm 23, in good shape btw.

The other day, I tried the Gtech Sport on cycle republic, and even though I liked riding it (no gears though), I hated the battery.

So, any good models that you guys would recommend? Thank you! :)

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hi Victor

How many miles do you need to do between charges? I'm guessing, as a delivery driver in a pretty flat London, that's your biggest concern

Vitor Herold

Just Joined
Jan 21, 2020
No, I don't have a bike with me... and not that handy honestly. Only some minor things.

I just moved to London, so I still don't have a bike. I thought about buying a electric one at this time.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
No, I don't have a bike with me... and not that handy honestly. Only some minor things.

I just moved to London, so I still don't have a bike. I thought about buying a electric one at this time.
OK, I was just thinking maybe a conversion would work for you... if you had a suitable bike already

For lots of miles I think you need reliability. That's hub gears and a front hub in my view. Especially in London with all the traffic and stop start. Hub gears you can change at a standstill. Still, not really essential but certainly a nice to have for lower maintenance

And a UK warranty.

I suspect you need to factor two batteries into your pricing to get the mileage

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Maybe something like a Woosh faro with both in frame and downtube batteries might work? In budget, UK warranty, racks, mudguards and rear hub?

If your using the rack for delivery weight you can't really have a rack battery too. The weight distribution will be horrible

The advatage of the Faroo is that the big battery is mounted on the downtube and the smaller one within it.

IF Woosh supply it with both at once then you have a big battery for most of your miles with a backup if stuck. And in the proper position for weight distribution

However, they may also say it isn't designed for such a heavy duty use. But few will tbh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi there, I'm new to the forum, and also to e-bikes in general.

I just need some help to find a good value e-bike below 1500, that is going to be used mainly for uber eats in London.
I should ride it in the parks from time to time.
So I will need good autonomy, and being light is a plus.
Don't need anything too complex though, as long as it won't let me down, or start showing problems.

I'm 23, in good shape btw.

The other day, I tried the Gtech Sport on cycle republic, and even though I liked riding it (no gears though), I hated the battery.

So, any good models that you guys would recommend? Thank you! :)
for uber eats / deliveroos, I usually sell the Woosh Fat Boy but that bike is out of stock.
You need wide tyres for London potholes, two 17AH batteries for 100-120 miles range or continuous use.
I would recommend something like Decathlon Rockrider 540 plus a conversion with the XF08C. You will need to replace the tyres with Marathon Plus but your £1500 budget will do it.

Reactions: lutin