Help! Greenedge CS2 Intelligent screen not turning on, throttle works for few seconds then quits

Kmegeed

Just Joined
Nov 7, 2018
I'm having a huge problem finding anyone who can fix this, and all the bike shops in London won't fix an e-bike if it wasn't purchased in the store, otherwise its £££ and I need the bike for work in the first place.

One day after my partner bashed the bike in a mini-accident, the bike's Intelligent screen wouldn't turn on, but after a while it turned on by itself the same day. The next day same thing, until it just stopped turning on. Right after the accident it was fine for days until it began to do this.

The battery is fine, holds a charge, and the only way the bike worked was by using the throttle. I could turn the throttle and ride for a few seconds before it quit, then i would have to turn the battery off and on again to use the throttle again for another few seconds. For a long ride i would do this a few times just for a push but i don't want to burn out the battery or anything so I stopped using the bike completely. Now the screen isn't responsive at all, and the bike will only work with the throttle for a short time before shutting off. I recently replaced the throttle but I don't think that is the issue as it's the exact same throttle.

Any ideas on what this could be? I could really use any guide or instructions on what to try as I need the bike for work asap. Thanks!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Where on the bike did it take the bash and how did it occur ?
Some pics of any damage might help.

The fault could be any where, controller, screen or cable between the two.

Depending on the bash if the hit involved the battery location then an internal fault is possible, a wire joint or a cell welds could be compromised. Check carefully the battery output connection and the docking connection and that they contact properly to rule out a supply issue.

With a meter check the voltage at the controller, you should see your battery voltage on the v+ (red) & v- (black) wires, this will confirm battery connection is fine and battery voltage is reaching the controller.

Screen receives 5v via the controller so if it isn't staying on likely hood (if battery is ok), is an issue with screen, controller or wiring between.
Fault testing/continuity test on the trunk cable between both is possible if you have a meter with beep test function at least then you can rule out a wire issue.

Last edited: