Help no throttle!

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
For some reason the throttle on my Powacycle has stopped working!

Opened up the control panel and there were loose connectors.

Yes some of the connector block had snapped off at the locking catch. Cheap chinese crap!

Does anyone have a full wiring diag for a Powacycle loom.

Pedel assist is working as normal, any ideas?

EDIT - problem sorted the blue/brown connector from throttle loom goes to the black/blue controller unit wires.

Still not impressed that the plastic connector has broken and the bike has been well looked after. I might expect this from a brittle 10yr old component but not a new one.

Last edited:

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
The plot thickens with this bike!

On further inspection the wires from the brake levers red/blue don't even run to the control unit. They are spliced together, red to red and blue to blue, covered with amalgamating tape.......that's it, they don't go anywhere, no wonder the brakes never felt like they did anything.

Not to mention the surplus of free connectors in the control unit, a black, white connector and 2 grey wires with separate 2 pin connectors.

Last edited:

20 inch terror

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2009
the black/white wires are the brake cutouts,the other 2 are speed limiter. possibly the throttle was damaged when your light cable melted?

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
the black/white wires are the brake cutouts,the other 2 are speed limiter. possibly the throttle was damaged when your light cable melted?
Many thanks for that. The black/white wires were originally connected to blue & yellow wires.

These blue/yellow wires were in the same flex as the red/green wires that had melted.
the yellow/blue wires just had their terminal ends neatly stripped showing bare copper, they weren't damaged just not connected.
Speaking to the distributor by phone, I queried these yellow/blue wires? Reply was - 'Possibly something to do with European bikes not being legal with a throttle Sir!'
I wasn't overly convinced by that but removed the wires along with the melted ones (still have them for usage). I only discovered the brake wires were spliced since this throttle issue. Will separate the yellow/blue wires and connect to the brake.

It would have helped if they had done that at the factory, or QA'd by Powacycle or the supplier.

According to Powacycles Owner manual the wiring diagram states brown and black wires from the levers? Either I'm colour blind or the manual is about as reliable as the Heinz manwell (Haynes manual) :rolleyes:

Have you any more info on speed restriction using the grey wires?

Last edited:

20 inch terror

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2009
he is right,euro bikes are not fitted with throttle,however uk bikes are...i am not sure on the legislation,maybe flecc or someone else can clear that up?

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
he is right,euro bikes are not fitted with throttle,however uk bikes are...i am not sure on the legislation,maybe flecc or someone else can clear that up?

Sorry, what I should have said was, I wasn't disputing the EU law, but the yellow & blue wires not being throttle related. Throttle has a tri-flex loom.

Advertisers