Help! Help please?

Rosiem

Just Joined
Jan 27, 2019
Hi... I bought my grandson a powabike.. Euro model I think from all I've seen. Had new batteries.. But need to replace the female piece inside battery pack that accepts the power lead. The male end is just the single male type. Problem is that, although its a small bit that secures with a nut type thing We have no idea what it's called or where to get the right thing from. My soninlaw said get rca like you. D use for music amplifyer.. But I disagree because of ac currant. Any help you can give will be so gratefully received. Many thanks. Rosiem

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Are you talking about the socket for the charger? I think they use the coaxial type similar to RCA. They're not very easy to find, so think about replacing the one on the charger as well as one in the battery as a pair thenyou can use any connectors like GX16 or 6.3 mm jack.

RCA is the right size and sort of fits but it won't be like the OEM one. The pin sticks out further on a RCA one, so your charger one might not go in deep enough but might be OK. The current won't be too much for it.

Last edited:

Rosiem

Just Joined
Jan 27, 2019
Are you talking about the socket for the charger? I think they use the coaxial type similar to RCA. They're not very easy to find, so think about replacing the one on the charger as well as one in the battery as a pair thenyou can use any connectors like GX16 or 6.3 mm jack.

RCA is the right size and sort of fits but it won't be like the OEM one. The pin sticks out further on a RCA one, so your charger one might not go in deep enough but might be OK. The current won't be too much for it.
Oh thanks for that. That's helped this is the outside(I can't get into box by myself) but hear its small thing with some kind of securing nut.. Many thanks. Ps is it easy to change both points? And using the original lead or different? Thanks once more. Rosiem

Attachments