Help with controller setting

jradley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2019
Hi all, I'm currently using a Volt Alpine X, which has a controller similar to the King Meter KM5S, I've been using a manual found online to adjust some of the settings, I reset the controller while doing this and when riding I find that the PAS only works on the lower gears, and up to a certain speed. In the PAS settings is a setting which has "n-" and then a value between 0 and 255. Does anyone know what this value is and if it's related to the PAS issues I've been having. It's not in the manual and I can get a photo of it if needed.

Many thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It sounds like the P1 setting with KT controllers and does affect hub sync under PAS control.
You need to know the hubs internal gear ratio and how many hub magnets there are multiply theses two together to get 'n' value. Alternatively the long winded way is to use a sat nav the figure will not be far off one that reads 15.5mph/25km/h at cut off speed. If your bike ODO doesn't match the sat nav read out increase the 'n' figure if cut out speed is too low , if cut out speed is to high lower the 'n' figure. Make adjustments by +/- 5 digits then fine tune by one digit to get as close as poss to cut off speed.
You could try a common value of 87 as a lot of hubs have a gear ratio of 5:1, try a Volt retailer or Volt themselves.
What hub is it ?

Last edited:

jradley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2019
It sounds like to the P1 setting with KT controllers and does affect hub sync under PAS control.
You need to know the hubs internal gear ratio and how many hub magnets there are multiply theses two together to get 'n' value. What hub is it ?
You could try a common value of 87 as a lot of hubs have a gear ratio of 5:1, try a Volt retailer or Volt themselves.
Thanks, will try that, came here because I've been having issues with getting any response from Volt about a speedometer issue.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Once you get things happily working jot down all the settings for safe future referral.