Help with new Claud Butler Haste E Contoller

Rabbashanks

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 6, 2019
Hey guys
I recently bought my 2nd ebike, a Claud Butler Haste E. (250w brushless rear hub, 36v 10ah battery, and unfortunate LED display).

I've noticed the controller is built into the hailong battery mount.

Am i right in thinking if i bought a new hailong battery (say, 36v 16ah) with built in controller, and replaced the current one, including the mount and controller, the motor should still work and be simple to plug in?

I'd like to be able to add an LCD instead of LED screen and change the parameters (wheel size, speed etc) which is what got me thinking to just replace the battery (more juice and compatible controller built in).

I emailed Claud Butler to ask if they could recommend an LCD display that would work with the current controller but haven't had a reply as of yet.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Andy

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You don't need a new battery. You only need to replace the controller and control panel. Topbikekit have some that fit in a Hailong battery receiver, but make sure that you get the same shape. There are two different similar ones.

Reactions: Adgerolla

Rabbashanks

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 6, 2019
You don't need a new battery. You only need to replace the controller and control panel. Topbikekit have some that fit in a Hailong battery receiver, but make sure that you get the same shape. There are two different similar ones.
Thanks for the reply,
Would this then involve soldering? If so, i'd lazily buy the battery and mount with controller if that solved that issue.

Related Articles

Advertisers