Help with pedal sensor wiring - Tongxin

emtemt

Pedelecer
May 7, 2009
Hi

Jerry Simon kindly sent me a controller with a pedal sensor connection. I want to use it with a Tongxin fitted to a Brompton.

I attach photo of the controller and wiring. The pedal sensor connection is the black connector with 4 wires, Black, Red, Green and White. Does any one have any information on connecting the pedal sensor or a wiring diagram? The pedal sensor I have has only three wires labelled 5v, GND and out. Also do you have to use a throttle control with the pedal sensor? This is for use by a rider with Parkinsons Disease who cannot operate the throttle safely and really wants just pedelec control.

Regards

Ian

Attachments

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes sorry about that Ian hopefully some one can help. I suspect the white wire is not used.

Jerry

D

Deleted member 4366

Normally those connectors with four wires go to a panel of some sort, which sets the level of PAS. Before connecting it, you should check whether you've got 5v 0r 36v on the red wire.

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
+1 with wot Dave said

If red is 5 volts and black is ground, then find which of the other 2 wires has full battery voltage and then ignore that wire.... The remaining 3 (red, black, the other) will be the sensor... But you will have no control over the amount of assistance, unless of course it's just a method of checking that the pedals are turning to enable the throttle.... Maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Damn that means it is probably throttle only and the other wires as you say are for a panel :(

Ps strangely it also has two other plugs (the red and black and brown and black at the bottom of the picture) that have 36v on them as I tested those ?

The other two blue and black ones are for cutout brakes.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited: