Help with project please

D

Deleted member 4366

Woosh are probably the most powerful UK 250w kits, otherwise it's mix and match fro Chinese suppliers.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
yes i'm toying between the EBC and the cyclotricity. the seem quite simalar, but the EBC works out quite a bit cheaper. i'm definitly thinking rather tahn risk legal problems going for the 250w. thaough i may go for the frame one as i'm ready the bike balances better.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
the woosh look a bit more pricey and i cant see a 700c option. ive been doing a lot of reading on the 500w option and its very gray. the problem and issue seems to be the stickers stating the size, even if its restricted 500w is still illegal, so i wonder why they are allowed to sell them for road use.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
the woosh look a bit more pricey and i cant see a 700c option. ive been doing a lot of reading on the 500w option and its very gray. the problem and issue seems to be the stickers stating the size, even if its restricted 500w is still illegal, so i wonder why they are allowed to sell them for road use.
Trying to appease your conscience ?
There is no grey area, if its marked 250w it's a legal hub any other marking its illegal. Doesn't matter if off-road or on-road unless of course it land that has no public access at all.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you order it as a 250w kit, it arrives marked 250w and you use it in accordance with the supplier's recommendations, it's difficult to argue that it isn't legal. If we started questioning how suppliers decided on the rating of their kits and bikes, we'd have to lock up all the people riding around on Bosch, Impulse, Yamaha and Brose motored bikes, plus quite a few more.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
phone 2 companies and both say there 500w kits (with a 250w) sticker are road legal when set in restricted mode on the controller. both said the same.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
OK, may be next time.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
hi all, my project is not only started but is about 80% had a try of it and it seems to be working. few minor hassles but nothing major. bought a throttle but it looks like it cant be fitted. left my front cog on with 3, but derail-er removed so it stays in top. had a quite test ride (no brakes yet) and the electric kicked in. all being well will finish it tomorrow. would have been nice to fit a throttle.

Last edited:

Advertisers