Hercules Rob Fold

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
This came up while I was browsing YouTube. It has all the things I look for in a bike, except I'm not looking for a mid-motor. It's also a bit pricey for me! Central battery, hub gears, steering stabiliser, centre stand. I could not understand the German, as I'm only fluent in stupidity, but it looks like a good machine.

Reactions: Woosh

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
This came up while I was browsing YouTube. It has all the things I look for in a bike, except I'm not looking for a mid-motor. It's also a bit pricey for me! Central battery, hub gears, steering stabiliser, centre stand. I could not understand the German, as I'm only fluent in stupidity, but it looks like a good machine.
Very pretty, but very expensive!
I am fluent in German, as I have lived here for 39 years now, but its only a sales pitch video, it is still "what you see is what you get!"
The problems that I see are as follows:-
1) price
2) Bosch motor and electronics
3) small wheels do not give as stable a ride as say 26" and upwards. I myself prefer 28" wheels for that reason, and I even noticed the difference when going back down to 26" on my present bike....
4) Many bikes fold, but have "normal" sized wheels as well.
5) I will bet good money that a second or replacement battery, will cost an arm and two legs, and if the company even folds (pun intended, in these days of Corona Virus, it will happen more and more!), you may be unable to replace a battery at any price! Check that out if you need the "distance".
My advice is to not purchase one...
regards
Andy

Reactions: mike killay

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
To me, it looks heavy and clunky and does not fold the handlebars.
Sadly, it is the usual German 'reassuringly expensive' type of product.
The Bosch motor is really far too complicated for a low powered device and is just more of their usual over-engineering.
It is strange that many British people praise German products, whereas people like Andy who live there and really know the Germans are rather dismissive of their products.

Reactions: Andy-Mat

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
To me, it looks heavy and clunky and does not fold the handlebars.
Sadly, it is the usual German 'reassuringly expensive' type of product.
The Bosch motor is really far too complicated for a low powered device and is just more of their usual over-engineering.
It is strange that many British people praise German products, whereas people like Andy who live there and really know the Germans are rather dismissive of their products.
I tend to be very critical of high prices and less than practical "answers".
This bike is not a good buy, but the German population will probably buy it anyway....I cannot explain why!!
regards
Andy

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
I agree with some of the comments made, but it was the design I was approving of. No doubt if Woosh were to market this with a front hub motor it would be at Woosh prices. It would still have all the good design features. I also noticed it has a welded mounting point on the front for a rack, which I missed earlier. I feel that as ebike prices increase because of their complexity, many people will be put off them as a form of everyday transport.

Reactions: mike killay