Hesc Motor with 350w Chinese controller

Samy

Just Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Hello guys, i been broswing this forum for a while and after i read some posts i decide to buy a 350w controller for my Carrera crossfire ebike.

Yesterday i started installing the new controller, the controller is coming with the hall sensors, 6 wires, i suppose red black, positive negative, blue green yellow hall sensors and the white one temp sensor, so far so good, same colors on my motor wires, i connected them and started the controller.

I connected the self learning wire to make the motor go in the right direction, disconnected, and after i try the throttle and the pedal assist and its not working, i tested the hall sensors with a multimeter and all of them works correctly but i have to input from the throttle or the pedal assist, the only way i manage to make the motor spin was with the self learning cable attached.

I attached some photos of the controller with my motor wires.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Which display are you using?. I doubt that it'll work with your Suntour one. Self-learning is a controller function independent from the display.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
We had said this many times when buying a controller (a different brand) you need to buy a display that is compatible as a pair.
The white hall wire is for a speed sensor and not a temp sensor.

Samy

Just Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Bought them togheter and sorted the problem.

I had to switch thw controller from 48v to 36v.

Advertisers