Hi everybody, I'm a first time e bike purchaser. I'm buying a Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500. I'm in my middle 60s. Any advice or tips?

andie7

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 8, 2019
Hi everybody, I'm a first time e bike purchaser. I'm buying a Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500. I'm in my middle 60s. Any advice or tips? I can still walk in a reasonably straight line.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Welcome Andie. That’s a very popular bike, it should do you well.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Hi everybody, I'm a first time e bike purchaser. I'm buying a Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500. I'm in my middle 60s. Any advice or tips? I can still walk in a reasonably straight line.
Yes, go for it!

Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 2018 Electric Mountain Bike

Who is this bike for?
Riders looking for a partner for offroad adventures on singletrack and trails. Cross-country hardtails are about covering big distances, whether in a race or riding with your friends. Cross-Country bikes use forks with 80 to 120mm of travel, and are sometimes equipped with a fork lockout to make them even more efficient on smooth ground..

andie7

Jan 8, 2019
Yes, go for it!

Who is this bike for?
Riders looking for a partner for offroad adventures on singletrack and trails. Cross-country hardtails are about covering big distances, whether in a race or riding with your friends. Cross-Country bikes use forks with 80 to 120mm of travel, and are sometimes equipped with a fork lockout to make them even more efficient on smooth ground..
Thank you, yes I think I will, I will be cleaning and washing up forever if I muck it up. Cheers Andie

andie7

Jan 8, 2019
Yes, go for it!

Who is this bike for?
Thanks, I have walked uphill a lot for many years with quite a serious lung condition but I think now is the time to compromise. Cheers Andie7

Vandazler

Oct 11, 2018
Welcome,and good choice. I have very same bike and can only report positives. The only alteration you may want to make if you predominantly use the bike on the road is to change the tyres for slicks instead of the knobbly ones it comes with. It will extend your range with the battery on a long run out. If on the other hand you want to utilise the bike to its full potential stick with originals and hit the trails and fire roads after lowering the tyre pressure a tad. The knobblys are fine on the road with a little extra psi by the way. I also fitted a suspension seat post,but that’s just a personal choice. Have fun

andie7

Jan 8, 2019
Welcome,and good choice. I have very same bike and can only report positives. The only alteration you may want to make if you predominantly use the bike on the road is to change the tyres for slicks instead of the knobbly ones it comes with. It will extend your range with the battery on a long run out. If on the other hand you want to utilise the bike to its full potential stick with originals and hit the trails and fire roads after lowering the tyre pressure a tad. The knobblys are fine on the road with a little extra psi by the way. I also fitted a suspension seat post,but that’s just a personal choice. Have fun

andie7

Jan 8, 2019
Hi, thank you for the info, I'll keep it in mind. As I haven't ridden a bike for 50 odd years it's going to be a steep learning curve which I'm quite excited about, once the aches and pain has subsided. Thanks.