Hi Everybody

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I used to drive buses around there, used to be very interesting in winter especially around Wildboarclough and Kerridge many a time i had to be dragged out by our recovery vehicle, oh happy days.

Young Keith

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 29, 2018
Found a EBCO UCL 60 Electric Step Through Bike 2017 model with 11ah battery for £950.00, this model has the TranzX M25 mid crank motor, it doesn't come with disc brakes only v brakes in black but only done 40 miles due to the person being of ill health, has any of you guys used any of these bikes, i have found reviews on the net, but would benefit from people who know what there talking about or some experience of that paticully model. I have also found a wisper 705se electric blue with the 575ah battery at £999 plus £18 pound delivery price just over £1000, i know most of you guys will all jump and shout at me get the Wisper, don`t worry about the colour at that price it has to be steal, but that is just what i mean as the Wisper is a demo and 6 months warranty i suppose i can't go wrong for the price difference of only £100. i don't what it is, but the EBCO ULC 60 is just drawing me alittle, i did email Wisper to see if they had any demo`s but not heard back since so i guess not. Even looked again at the Woosh Santana 3 as similar price very nice bike but only 12 moths warranty and as there down south a bit far to send back if something goes wrong, the Wisper and EBCO models are in my area of Chester which i suppose makes the difference, any thoughts would be appreciated on both bikes. I also found this ebike that i would like some comments at https://www.pluginbikes.co.uk/dutch-style-vintage-cruiser-electric-bike-84.html in the chery red colour, 10.4ah battwery front discs look good what do you think again at £900. thanks Keith

Last edited:

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi Keith, I suggest you go with whatever you think is right for you especially if there is a dealer locally, by the way have you had a look at the range of bikes from Juicy in New Mills? my wife has one of the click sports and they really are excellent especially in the hills around Macclesfield. Good luck Steve..

Reactions: JuicyBike

Young Keith

Sep 29, 2018
To all members who helped me work out which electric bike was fit for my purpose, after having a ride on two bikes a Freego Hawk and Wisper 705SE. Today put in an order for a Wisper 705SE with 575wh battery with sunTour Nex forks, also having the mudguards changed to black because the bike being electric blue and forks black with black mudguards, this will go well with the colour scheme. The bike will be delivered next Friday so really looking forward to that. The price of the Freego Hawk or Eagle was in the region of £1450 to £1550 pounds and the ordered Wisper was a little less than the Hawk so really pleased with the deal. I would like thank David from Wisper for all information and help he gave me over that last two weeks and all members from this forum that gave advice one way or another to convince me that a Wisper 705SE was the perfect bike for me to go for you were all right in the end thank you. I will remain a member of this forum for other electric bike advice if needed within the coming months. Thanks again Keith Chester

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
Hi Keith, welcome from another newbie to the ebike world, if i can add my 2 pence worth from building my own ebike and making the batteries myself from Lithium ion 18650 cells, i have found that the Ah rating of the battery is very important. i commute to work on mine which is a heavy 722 ft incline in the space of 2 miles with a total commute of 11.5 miles each way, my mountain bike and setup is heavy but i am only 12.5 stones so that negates a little of the extra strain..

the total commute takes 12Ah out of my battery when i come to recharge on a night for a commute of 23 miles in total. your calculation will depend on what kind of terrain you are on.

i just wanted to give you a real world example for the 15Ah battery as mine currently has a 22Ah battery with an ideal of minimum 60Ah when i get the housings made for them.

Young Keith

Sep 29, 2018
Thanks Steve for your comments, good to have that amount of ams when doing that amount of commute to work, myself i have retired so don't need that amount of battery, the only reason i went for the 575wh is in case i forget to charge the battery every day or other day, my mileage will be if lucky about 10 leisure miles and all flat running just to keep fit and get me out of the house as my wife says

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
you are welcome, if its flatish terrain you should be fine, i just wanted to show that the real world milage is quite different to that of advertised and didnt want you to get caught short on a trip out. i know that we can cycle the way home but if like me its all up hill then it hurts when you get home... lol..

hopefully it will get you some nice leisure time to enjoy a few trips, i would be interested to hear of the performance of the setup you decide upon as i intend to go into production of the ebikes when i have setup the tooling for the battery and control station housings

Young Keith

Sep 29, 2018
Thanks Steve
Will keep you informed as time goes on, when i have had the bike a bit most probably file a review for others