Help! Hi folks ,I am trying to find a peddle sensor for my cyclamatic folding bike ,the chain came off and ripped the sensor in half ,where can I get one ,

Frankiet

Just Joined
May 5, 2021
Liverpool
Hi ,first time here .
I am looking for a sensor for my Cyclamatic folding bike ,the chain came off and ripped the sensor in half ,please help ,I have taken the sensor off it has three wires ,I was going to wire it permanent without the sensor but I need a wireing diagrame for that ,unless someone knows where I can make the permanent connections and just switch it on and off when required
.thnks

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

Get the 8 magnet version. The arrow on it will probably have to point the wrong way for it to work. Test it before putting the chainwheel on to make sure that it works in the right direction. Reverse the direction by flipping the magnet disc.

You can use any similar pedal sensor with from 5 to 10 magnets.

Unless you damaged the wire, you can leave original sensor in place, otherwise you'll have to pull the red pin out of the connector from the new one and insert it into the connector from your old one. You can normally get the pins pou by releasing the barb with a sewing needle, otherwise just join that red wire to the white one.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The throttle should work if you disconnect the pedal sensor from both connectors. Wiring diagram.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Post your reply in this thread. Don't start another new one. Click the "reply" at bottom right of this post. What do you mean it doesn't have a throttle? Show us a picture of your bike so that we know what you have. Is it a new bike? Has it been modified?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
OK, so you have a CX2. The wiring diagram is for the first version of fold ing bike. You'rs might be slightly different, though easier from the point of view of changing the pedal sensor. Everything i said in post #2 still stands. It's a straight forward thing to repair. get the new sensor, then ask again if you have any difficulties. You need a crank puller and a BB tool to remove the actual sensor if you damaged the wire. The BB is left hand thread on that side so clockwise to undo: